Share This Article
How to tell if you have acne? If you are wondering that, then some symptoms can help you find out. Many reasons contribute to the development of acne. Don’t be anxious if you have acne on your face; it is widespread below 30 for both men and women. But, if nothing seems to work, accept your problem and get a consultation near your area.
Symptoms of Acne
- Appearance of pimples in mainly the face region
- Blackheads, whiteheads, and unplugged pores
- Skin rashes on the face
- Redness on the face is not caused by external factors like sunlight exposure or temperature drop, etc. Redness looks like that of hormonal rash, which can be seen in teenagers, but not to that extent.
- Small-sized unappealing scars all over the facial area after acne clears off
- Acne marks
- Dryness around eyes and mouth area
- Aging on the face
- Sometimes, one may get acne on the back and other body parts, which is not related to hormonal changes but due to stress, tension, etc.
- People with oily skin are more prone to acne than dry skin people
The above symptoms might vary from person to person depending on lifestyle, dietary habits, etc. Identifying these symptoms will help you know if you have acne or not. If none of these seem to fit in your case, consult a doctor to diagnose your problem correctly. There might be another problem causing acne breakouts, so don’t assume anything until you double-check yourself with a doctor’s advice or opinion.
What can cause acne:
- Stress and tension can cause hormonal changes, which will lead to acne breakouts
- Hereditary factors like family history of acne formation
- Some of the prescription medications for cold, fever, birth control, etc. can also cause acne due to their chemical makeup
- Wrong dietary habits like daily consumption of oily and fried food or junk food with little or no physical workout can affect your skin badly and result in an acne breakout. Ensure that you eat healthily and use some time for exercise too if possible
- If someone around you has a problem with acne, it is highly likely that you might develop it because our epidermis layer tends to absorb what surrounds us, what we eat, what we do, etc.
These are the leading cause of acne, which you should be aware of if you want to treat your acne problem. If none of these reasons seem to apply in your case, then visit a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment; otherwise, follow the simple home remedies for acne, which are very effective too.
How dermatologists diagnose acne:
The dermatologist first asks for the history of your problem, which includes details about the frequency and intensity of acne breakout, other skin disorder problems, if any, etc. It is to correctly diagnose your situation so that appropriate treatment can be done according to skin type, age, etc.
The doctor may prescribe a few tests to know the internal health conditions which might have contributed to your acne problem. Blood tests and urine analysis are done at times.
The dermatologist will check your skin with a magnifying lens to see the presence of blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, etc. He will also check if there are any scars left behind by acne after the breakouts fade away.
How dermatologists treat Acne:
Once you get diagnosed that you have acne, then you can try acne treatment. The dermatologists usually recommend oral medications in severe cases of acne or when nothing seems to work for you except chemicals.
The oral medications for acne which you can get from a dermatologist are usually antibiotics, anti-androgens, etc.
However, in most cases, dermatologists prefer to choose topical treatments because they are easy to use and fast working with no side effects.
Antibacterial washes or gels work well for mild acne breakouts, while salicylic acid-based gels help control pimples-related problems. Retinoid medication is generally prescribed for people with very oily skin types, while some doctors recommend hormonal changes depending on body conditions.
Zinc supplements work brilliantly when used with other medications, and green tea extract with honey is applied topically on affected areas of the face and body. These home remedies for acne work effectively and provide good results if used daily. So go ahead and cure your acne problem finally!
Acne is a very common disorder of the human skin which affects almost every individual at one time or another in their lifetime. Though not dangerous, it can be highly irritating, leading to anxiety, stress, and even depression after breakout episodes happen again and again.
Home remedies for acne:
- Mix honey and cinnamon powder in equal quantities and apply them to your face. Let it dry for 10 minutes, and then wash with cold water. This is a natural way of getting rid of acne. Honey has antibacterial properties which kill the bacteria present in the skin pores and give you smooth and glowing skin, while cinnamon kills acne-causing germs naturally
- Use sandalwood paste mixed with rose water to get rid of pimples fast. Sandalwood prevents excessive oil secretion from sebaceous glands while rosewater cures inflammation, pimples, blackheads, rashes, etc
- Mango peel extract, when applied topically, helps cure acne very quickly by controlling excessive oil formation on the face
- Every time you wash your face with water, wash it with cold water. Warm water not only opens the pores but also helps in bacteria breeding.
- Drink a lot of water every day to keep your skin hydrated for acne-free glowing skin.
- Take a little bit of coconut or almond oil and heat slightly on the stovetop. Then let it cool down and filter out the solid particles at the bottom of it before putting this oil on your skin
- Use cold-pressed olive oil instead of other oily cosmetics which clog skin pores leading to several skin disorders, including acne
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel directly on pimples or scars caused by acne as it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Aloe vera gel heals acne scars naturally
- Take a slice of cucumber, make small holes on the surface, and rub it on your face or wash your face with juice obtained from fresh cucumber to get rid of acne fast
- Mix 2 teaspoons each of lemon juice, honey, and cinnamon powder. Apply this mixture to your face every day before going to bed for 15 minutes for quick healing of acne scars
- You can also use one teaspoon each of cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, milk cream to 5 teaspoons of sandalwood paste as a remedy for getting quickly rid of pimples
- Applying honey and cinnamon powder directly on acne reduces inflamed acne within two days.
- Apply fresh aloe gel directly to acne to lessen redness, swelling, and irritation caused by acne fast
- Apply a mixture of potato juice and lemon juice topically for curing acne scars quickly as it has anti-oxidant properties which help regenerate damaged skin cells causing acne as well as pimples
- Rubbing garlic paste on your face helps get rid of blackheads, whiteheads, wrinkles, and pimples fast by improving the blood circulation in your facial muscles resulting in a better complexion that gives you healthy glowing skin
- Excessive use of makeup spreads bacteria on the skin, causing various skin infections, including bacterial acne, which can be cured naturally by applying a mixture of lemon juice, honey, and cinnamon powder.
- Take a little bit of tomato pulp and add a few drops of lemon juice before making a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your face for 20 minutes every day at bedtime for getting rid of acne scars
- Add two teaspoons each of cucumber juice, fresh cream, and potato juice in equal quantities to form a thick, smooth paste which you can apply on the affected areas daily for fast acne relief
- Use crushed mint leaves or dried mint powder mixed with water or milk directly as a toner to get rid of pimples fast by closing the opened pores for preventing further infections
- Crush 2-3 ripe strawberries and apply this mixture on your face for 20 minutes to reduce scars and redness caused by acne
What are the lifestyle changes you can do to prevent acne?
- Find out the cause of stress, which is one of the major factors behind acne breakouts. Take steps to resolve your stress levels by talking to an expert in this regard.
- Wash your face two or more times a day with lukewarm water instead of cold water as it lets the pores stay closed, thus preventing bacteria from entering them
- Eat healthy food rich in vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants. This will help you fight against free radicals that are released during the digestion process, double up your chances of getting rid of pimples naturally
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel on acne before bedtime for curing redness, swelling and inflammation caused due to acne fast 5. Ask people who have glowing skin about their diet and lifestyle to help you understand what it takes to get healthy skin through proper diet and exercise
- While taking a shower, apply liquid soap on the areas where your acne is found instead of washing your face with harsh scrub or loofah sponge which causes micro-tears in the top layer of the epidermis
- Avoid using cosmetic products containing ingredients like parabens and formaldehyde as they can irritate your skin, leading to several inflammations, including cystic acne
- Reduce intake of processed food, desserts, sugar, pasta, drinks, etc., for perfect skin. It is advisable to have 5- 6 small meals instead of having three large meals at fixed times daily
- If your work involves too much stress or tension, you are recommended to take some time out every day to be with your family and friends.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water throughout the day as it helps in flushing out toxins from the body so that your skin remains healthy 11. Avoid touching your face or popping zits as much as you can for having perfect skin.
- You can also use one teaspoon each of cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, milk cream to 5 teaspoons of sandalwood paste as a remedy for getting quickly rid of pimples 13. Take a bath early morning before sunrise instead of taking evening baths which may cause acne breakouts.
- Use sunscreens of SPF 15 or more before going out in the sun during the daytime to prevent acne breakouts on the face.
- Wash the sheets, towels frequently to stay away from dust mites which can cause rashes and inflammation quickly.
- If you are a gym freak who enjoys exercising every day, make sure that you clean your exercise gear properly before using them next time, as sweat dirty clothes may lead to bacterial infections, including fungal acne that starts appearing on the upper lip area within minutes.
- While buying beauty products, make sure that you read reviews of other customers online to understand whether the product suits your skin type or not before spending money on it
- Avoid picking pimples with your fingers and nails, spreading the bacteria to other parts of the body.
- Keep your hair and hands away from your face while sleeping as they make pimple outbreaks on your face more visible for you.
- Choose homeopathic acne treatment and avoid using antibiotics and steroids for curing pimples and acne fast.
Homeopathic acne treatment is safe and gentle on the skin and is highly recommended for curing acne and pimples that appear all over the face. Homeopathic remedies are effective in curing the root cause of acne fast without causing discomfort or side effect.
Homeopathy can treat all types of acne, including blackheads and whiteheads, pimples, scars, etc.
Homeopathy doctors have found that taking into account each patient’s symptoms and their physical, emotional, and psychological state provides us with a more picture to prescribe an individualized, best-suited homeopathic medicine to treat acne.
Patients suffering from acne are usually emotional and sensitive because of the social stigma attached to this skin condition. Homeopathy treats each patient based on their specific symptom pattern, not just the visible symptoms seen or felt on the outer body parts. It is beneficial for patients who may feel emotionally drained after facing repeated outbreaks of pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and other types of acne. You can book an appointment through OHO Homeopathy to consult with a qualified Homeopathy Doctor in your city.