Share This Article
Everyone desires beautiful skin, but at times skin conditions like acne may spoil your lovely face. Acne is a common skin condition in which pimples appear on the face and neck. There are many causes of acne that need to be identified to treat it successfully. To know more about acne, read the below article for more information on the leading causes of acne? Acne need not ruin your pretty looks if you clearly understand what triggers this skin problem and how you can prevent it from appearing again! In case if there is already an outbreak of acne, then here are some valuable tips with home remedies for acne to help you get rid of this skin problem forever!
The significant causes of acne:
One reason why teenagers experience zits outbreaks mostly during their age group is that their skin is oily. That is, their hormonal secretion produces oil to keep the skin moisturized. However, when skin glands create excess sebum, it may lead to acne breakouts. Apart from this, other causes of acne include:
Hormonal imbalance: This is another primary reason some people get affected by acne breakout during the teenage or puberty stage in life! Acne may also occur because of menstruation in women. If a person has an irregular or late cycle of menstruation, then they may get acne breakouts during the time in between their periods.
Dehydration: Lack of adequate water can also cause acne problems because when you do not drink enough water, your skin becomes dry and dull, leading to the development of acne on your face! Always make it a point to drink at least eight glasses of water daily for healthy and glowing skin from within.
Bacterial infection: When bacteria called P. acne are present on the skin’s surface, it may trigger inflammation leading to pimples and blemishes formation.
– Excessive oil and dead skin cells: Overproduction of sebum by oil glands mixed with dust and dead skin cells may block the hair follicle, which leads to acne! Hence, it is essential to cleanse your face properly with a good face wash that cleanses your face and exfoliates it well.
– Genetics: People who tend to have oily or greasy skin from their childhood are more prone to experience acne breakouts than others who have dry skin. Sebum secreting glands present under the skin surface come from the same embryological cell as oil glands of eyelids and nose!
Harsh cosmetic products: Overuse of cosmetics such as creams and facial scrubs may also trigger inflammation, leading to acne breakouts on your beautiful face. So stop using any such cosmetics on your face that may lead to acne problems.
– Stress: Stress is another cause of acne that triggers the secretion of a male hormone called androgen in women causing a surge in acne breakouts. Hence, it is essential to stay stress-free and practice yoga regularly for healthy skin from within!
Comedogenic Makeup: If your foundation, compact, or any other makeup product is comedogenic, it may lead to acne problems on your face. Hence, please read the label of products before purchasing them and avoid comedogenic products that can make you get acne continuously!
– Oral contraceptives: Some birth control pills contain androgen hormone, which increases sebum production leading to acne breakouts in women. These hormones further stimulate the growth of bacteria called P. acnes presents under the skin surface resulting in pimples formation!
-Pollution: Exposure to harmful chemicals found in industrial emissions, car exhausts, cigarette smoke, and other environmental pollutants may further lead to acne problems. So try to stay away from these dangerous elements as much as you can!
– Diet: Some people believe that eating greasy and oily foods trigger acne problem, but the fact is the consumption of such foods does not lead to acne breakouts unless there is a presence of bacteria called P. acnes on the skin surface. Hence, it is essential always to maintain proper hygiene and a healthy diet plan for healthy-looking skin!
-Medications: Certain medications like corticosteroids can increase sebum production, leading to acne breakouts in some people. Hence, it is essential to tell your doctor about all the prescribed medicines you are currently using before starting any new medication.
– PCOD or PCOS: Hormonal disorder called a polycystic ovarian disease, or polycystic ovary syndrome may cause acne problems because of the production of male hormones.
-Scrub: Scrubs containing pore cleansing agents like crushed nut shells or almond kernels help remove excess oil from the skin surface, leaving behind smooth skin with no blockage. These scrubbing agents gently exfoliate your skin surface, hydrating it well and revitalizing cells for healthy-looking skin.
Sunlight/ tanning: Exposure to direct sunlight can leave patches on your face, making you look older than your age, whereas using self-tanners may cause acne breakouts. Moreover, these fake bronzers also make your facial skin susceptible to sunburns which often lead to further skin problems like freckles, pigmentation, etc. So prefer wearing a sunscreen lotion with SPF 30 or more as it prevents both the risk factors mentioned above, ensuring healthy and glowing skin always!
These are the specific things that can trigger acne problems on your skin. To get rid of such issues, it is essential to maintain proper hygiene and dietary habit by eating healthy foods and practicing yoga daily!
What do to when you have acne?
There is no easy way or overnight solution to get rid of acne as it takes time and patience. However, some effective remedies for acne include: Drinking lots of water, helps eliminate toxins from the body, and hydrating skin cells that keep the skin healthy and glowing always!
- – Using soothing natural ingredients like green tea: you can prepare a mask by crushing three tea bags soaked in water for 20 minutes; apply this mask on your face for 10 minutes wash with cold water so that it soothes your facial skin.
- Exfoliating scrubs with oatmeal grains is also highly effective in getting rid of acne problems. Oatmeal grains contain mild abrasive particles that further cleanse skin pores, removing excess oil and dirt on the skin surface, leaving it feeling smooth without any blemishes!
- -Massaging affected areas gently with ice cubes dipped in rosewater has also proved an effective home remedy for acne. This is basically because rosewater consists of natural astringent properties that act as a toner when applied on the face tightening the open pores and reducing their size almost instantly!
- -The use of aloe vera gel helps in getting rid of acne instantly. Aloe vera gel contains various minerals, vitamins, and amino acids that protect your facial skin and nourish it deeply, helping you get rid of acne fast!
- -The use of lemon juice is also another effective remedy for reducing acne breakouts. Lemon juice consists of natural bleaching properties that help reduce blackheads and other scars formed as a result of acne problems, significantly making your skin look healthy and glowing always!
- -Apply cucumber slices dipped in milk on affected areas to reduce their size quickly. Milk contains lactic acid that helps cleanse skin pores removing excess oil and dirt blocking them efficiently, preventing further outbreaks of acne problems!
When to consider visiting a skin doctor or dermatologist:
Suppose you are suffering from severe or recurring acne that does not respond to traditional home remedies. In that case, certain medications are also suggested by dermatologists to get rid away from acne problems. Acne treatment with chemical peels and retinoids helps control hormonal changes causing acne outbreaks making your skin look smooth and natural without any blemishes!
How dermatologists or skin doctor treats acne?
-Benzoyl peroxide is used as an over-the-counter cream or ointment that starts killing acne-causing bacteria right from day one of application on the skin!
-Another special type of antibiotic called clindamycin is also highly effective in treating acne problems. You need to apply this medication on affected areas two times a day for six weeks to get rid of acne quickly without causing significant side effects like burning, dryness, etc.!
-Antibiotics are prescribed by dermatologists when it becomes tough for them to control severe acne outbreaks causing inflammation and redness. However, you should not stop taking antibiotics unless prescribed by a dermatologist because stopping their use suddenly can lead to various severe side effects like diarrhea, dizziness, etc.!
-Oral contraceptives are also known for their effectiveness in controlling hormonal changes that lead to acne outbreaks. You need to consult your dermatologist before taking oral contraceptives and tell him if you have any heart-related problems or kidney disease. This treatment can further cause severe complications when taken by people with such issues!
-Chemical peels are basically for people who have deep acne scars or blemishes on their facial skin. These are highly effective in removing the damaged outer layers of facial skin to reveal a smooth younger-looking facial skin underneath!
-The use of microdermabrasion helps cleanse your facial skin eliminating dirt, dead cells, and other impurities present on its surface, leaving it brighter than before. You can use this treatment either at home or visit a dermatologist to get rid of acne scars quickly without causing any side effects like changing the color of treated areas etc.!
Retinoids clear blackheads and whiteheads, preventing further outbreaks of acne problems by unclogging the pores. You need to follow your dermatologist’s instructions properly when considering using these medications for acne treatment because long-term use can seriously damage facial skin, causing inflammation, dryness, and severe side effects like changing the color of treated areas, etc.!
If you are using any topical medication or oral medications, do not forget to apply sunscreen lotion on your face before going out in the sun. These types of drugs make your skin more sensitive towards strong sunlight,t leading to further complications like hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, and premature aging, etc.
When to consider homeopathic acne treatment:
- If you are suffering from mild acne problems, consider taking homeopathic treatment to control your acne outbreaks naturally. However, make sure that you are not using any over-the-counter cream or ointment on your face before consulting a homeopathy doctor. These treatments can make your skin dry, causing severe side effects like redness, irritation, etc.!
- Homeopathic medicines control oil secretion and reduce inflammation effectively, making your skin look clear with fewer or no blemishes at all without causing any significant side effects. You need to consult a dermatologist before considering homeopathy as an alternative for treating acne problems. There are certain drugs given by dermatologists that cannot be used along with homeopathy!
- Homeopathy doctors provide tailor-made acne treatments for individuals suffering from acne problems based on their physical and mental reactions to certain homeopathic medicines. This way, they can give a natural remedy for acne with zero side effects that give you back your confidence without making your pocket empty!
- Homeopathic doctors treat the root cause of acne, be it hormonal imbalance or cosmetic-related acne. They prescribe natural treatments like diet changes, supplements, and special ointments for acne best suited to your body without causing any side effects. You need to take care of certain things before moving towards homeopathic treatment for acne problems!
- Homeopathy requires patience from the patients because it takes time to show its benefits on the skin. Before considering any other effective acne treatment option, get yourself treated by a homeopathy doctor only!
-You need to understand that skin type cannot be changed through medication or topical application, which is why you should wash your face only twice a day with lukewarm water and use sunscreen lotion daily even if you have not gone out in the sun! A homeopathy doctor can help you with more such information. You can book an appointment through OHO Homeopathy and avail the treatment for acne problems at its best!