Share This Article
Psoriasis is a kind of akin disease that is usually chronic and stays for a long time. The two primary forms of psoriasis are plaque psoriasis and pustular psoriasis. Sometimes the disease leads to other problems like arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, diabetes mellitus, etc. Conventional treatment for this chronic disease consists of topical steroids, stopgap measures like emollients, ointments against itching, or systemic anti-inflammatory agents.
Alternative therapies like homeopathy can be used as adjuvant therapy (in combination with conventional treatment) in psoriasis. Patients who do not respond well to allopathic drug treatment or those who cannot take them due to side effects or complications associated with it; even suitable homeopathy doctors may prescribe these remedies along with their medicines if required under proper guidance. We will discuss the pros and cons of both treatments and see which psoriasis treatment is better.
Homeopathic treatment for psoriasis:
- Homeopathy can treat both plaque psoriasis and pustular psoriasis. It is especially beneficial in early cases of the disease or milder forms of the same. The patients may get relief by taking these remedies after six weeks of their use.
- Homeopathic remedies are prepared from natural sources like plants, minerals, animals, etc. They are thus less harmful than allopathic drugs, which have various side effects on our system.
- Also, homeopathy works at a deeper level that cures the problem right of its roots rather than just masking it with temporary relief like topical steroids. So there is no recurrence of psoriasis later, though they may recur if proper treatment is not started at the initial stages.
- Homeopathic treatment for psoriasis works at the root level of the disease and works for the best result for the patient.
- It has no side effects or complications that could lead to cardiac disorders, cirrhosis, etc. They are commonly seen with steroids intake over some time (like in psoriasis).
- There will hardly be any need for other co-medications like anti-diabetic medication because homeopathy remedies do not require additional therapy. The only topical application may sometimes help but other than that no need for any external or co-treatment.
- There is no recurrence of the problem after a complete cure with homeopathy treatment. However, it may occur again if the proper medication is not taken at the initial stages itself.
- Homeopathic remedies homeopathy works at a deeper level that cures the problem right of its roots rather than just masking it with temporary relief like topical steroids. So there is no recurrence of psoriasis later, though they may recur if proper treatment is not started at the initial stages.
- Treatment for acute cases can be very fast, which makes homeopathy perfect for psoriatic patients. The remedies work quickly and target the disease very fast, giving good relief from symptoms of itching, scaling, and pain within a few days or weeks of regular use.
- It is a natural way to cure a disease that does not involve any laboratory tests before prescribing medications, as in the case of Allopathy. A homeopathic doctor can prescribe medicines even with just an interview of his patient, making it easy for those who cannot afford consultation fees at conventional hospitals.
- In homeopathy treatment, the proper remedy is given as per symptoms after thorough clinical examination. In contrast, in allopathic medicine, there are only possibilities that the right drug will be prescribed based on the probability of having similar symptoms as other diseases have the same symptoms. Hence, chances are less about getting proper medicine in allopathic treatment.
- Homeopathic treatment boosts the immune system and prevents future recurrence of psoriasis. Also, homeopathy treatments don’t cause any weight gain or retention that steroids and other allopathic drugs can lead to.
- Yes, Homeopathy treatment for psoriasis takes time because it works on a deep level, so patients need not worry as usually, such diseases take time. Still, yes, we get a good result if we continue for the entire course without a break then it will better, you should not stop it.
- Homeopathic treatment is economical and does not involve any future expenses like allopathic drugs that require drugs and other medicines to relieve side effects.
Allopathic treatment for psoriasis:
- In allopathic or conventional forms of treatment, doctors prescribe steroid-based therapies for patients suffering from minor to moderate forms of the disease as they are very effective in curing them quickly. They can give almost immediate relief from symptoms which is why it is a better option than homeopathic remedies.
- The topical application of steroid-based creams is a way to get relief from symptoms of psoriasis. But steroid-based drugs have side effects like burning, itching, and redness at the site where the cream is applied that may be reduced by using milder steroids.
- In allopathic treatment, systemic drugs are used when a patients’ condition worsens or progresses to a severe stage. This type of medication is used when all other forms of treatment fail to work on the patient’s condition. Systemic corticosteroids have various side effects on the liver, blood pressure, and immune system, among others, so doctors prescribe them in extreme cases only after reviewing their conditions thoroughly.
- Allopathy has more chances of curing psoriasis symptoms, but there are many side effects associated with these drugs that the patients must be aware of. When they use these drugs regularly or on higher doses, their immunity level goes low, making them prone to getting infections again and again. Also, this mode of treatment does not affect our body to heal itself entirely of psoriasis.
- Allopathic treatment for psoriasis has quick results in most cases, but homeopathic treatment is more suited when it comes to chronic forms of the disease.
Allopathic treatment over homeopathic treatment for psoriasis:
The main con of using the homeopathic treatment for psoriasis is that, in many cases, the disease proves to be very stubborn and does not get cured quickly. Also, these doses can cause specific side effects like skin rashes or itching. When patients develop the signs of overdose, it should be brought to the doctor’s notice immediately.
A large number of people suffering from this chronic skin disease prefer allopathic treatment because they want immediate relief. People don’t take an interest in knowing whether these drugs are suitable for their bodies or not before taking them regularly. But one should research well about Allopathy so that any future complications can be prevented by treating them at an early stage before it becomes worse than other options available.
Homeopathic treatment for psoriasis over allopathic treatment:
When a patient opts for homeopathy, there are fewer side effects because the treatment is based on natural herbs and ingredients that have no side effects. Also, these remedies do not show any reactions in patients suffering from hypersensitive skin conditions like psoriasis. In allopathic treatments, side effects vary from one person to another, depending on their medical history.
In homeopathy, there is no need to make major changes in your lifestyle habits or take vast amounts of medication that will make you fall sick or affect your immune system adversely. All you need to do is follow some simple steps suggested by the specialist and get ready for good results with time. It has long been considered an efficient remedy against psoriasis because it has no side effects on the body. Even if you are suffering from significant symptoms, there are high chances of curing them with homeopathy without causing any harm to your body. There is no need for you to worry about lifestyle changes or medication that will make you faint or nauseated before taking homeopathic treatment.
Homeopathy is a very effective mode of treatment in psoriasis:
Both treatments aim to treat the patients and cure them of this disease. Now that we have seen the advantages and disadvantages of both treatments let us look into some essential points on how can you choose one treatment over another?
First, as a patient, you need to understand your condition correctly and then identify what type of symptoms are present in you that affect your daily routine activities. This is very important because there are chances of misdiagnosis, which may cause further complications by giving relief for the time being with medications but not curing the root problem.
Also, it’s essential to know whether homeopathy or Allopathy will be suitable for you or not. As stated earlier, people who suffer from hypersensitive skin conditions must stay away from Allopathy and go for homeopathy. Allopathic remedies can react with their bodies and cause more problems than expected.
Also, if you are suffering from specific allergies or other medical conditions, it is essential to consult a doctor before taking any medication. Homeopathic treatment for psoriasis may seem less complicated, but if you are suffering from many health complications, then consulting a homeopath can be the best solution for you at that time because your life may depend on it. After knowing the pros and cons of both treatments, one should do thorough research about them before mixing up the medications, which will only increase their suffering without giving proper remedies.
What are the other tips to keep psoriasis at bay?
After consulting a homeopathy doctor, you need to make some changes in your lifestyle which will be appropriate for your body. Ensure that you drink lots of water throughout the day, which will act as an antioxidant for your body and get rid of toxins present in your system. You can easily make specific lifestyle changes like:
- Try to avoid junk food as much as you can and include green vegetables in your diet.
- Try doing yoga or some light exercises every day, which will strengthen your muscles and benefit your joints too.
- Stay stress-free and try to maintain a good mood, as stress can worsen your problem.
- If you want to be entirely sure about your treatment, then you should consult an expert and take the best possible remedy for your psoriasis problem.
- Make sure that you drink lots of water throughout the day so that all the toxins present in your body leave it and don’t cause any further complications for you.
- You can apply Aloe Vera gel packs on the affected areas at least twice a week so proper blood circulation and psoriasis do not come back again with time.
- Avoid smoking at all costs because it harms your lungs badly and may cause serious health problems later in life if you suffer from a chronic lung disease like asthma or bronchitis.
- It’s essential to take care of your skin always because any small problem without proper medication can lead to big problems for you. So, along with medications, make sure that you follow the steps mentioned above religiously every single day so that you don’t have to go through an embarrassing situation ever in life.
Conclusion: Allopathic treatment for psoriasis is preferred over homeopathic remedies because allopathic drugs have better relief quickly. At the same time, there are some side effects associated with allopathic treatments which make the patients use them cautiously. Homeopathic treatment for psoriasis does not have any side effects, but the treatment is prolonged and only gives relief over time. Also, allopathic remedies can mix up with your body if you are suffering from some other health problems like allergies or autoimmune diseases, etc. In contrast, there are no such risks associated with homeopathic medicines. You can prefer homeopathic treatment if you are looking for permanent results. It is always suggested that you visit a registered homeopathy doctor for your treatment so that they can analyse your health problems and provide you with the best treatment plan. Homeopathy doctor offers a holistic treatment approach and helps in identifying the root cause of your problem. A qualified homeopathy doctor will customize your treatment and suggest to you some important changes in your lifestyle to live a healthy life without any unwanted health problems. You can book an appointment through OHO Homeopathy and get a free homeopathy consultation from our panel of competent and experienced doctors at your doorstep.