Share This Article
There are numerous reasons why women might experience hair fall. On average, every woman goes through the hair fall issue. Anything from hormonal changes to stress to medical conditions can be the culprit. Reasons for hair loss in women can be many, and therefore, it becomes essential for the women to look for the signs and then consult the homeopathy doctor accordingly.
Homeopathy treatment for hair fall in women
Certain signs include:
- Handfuls of hair. You may experience very sudden hair loss, particularly after emotional or physical trauma. The hair may come out quickly while you’re washing or combing it, leading to overall thinning.
- Full loss. In some medical situations, particularly with medical treatments like chemotherapy, you may suddenly notice hair loss all over your body at once.
- Overall thinning. Gradual thinning on the top of the head is the most common type of hair loss. It affects both men and women. While men tend to see a receding hairline, women generally notice that their part broadens.
- Bald spots. They may be circular or patchy. They may resemble coins in size and usually appear on the scalp. Your skin may even feel itchy or painful immediately before the hair falls out.
Some of the common signs of hair loss in women are as follows:
- Having smaller ponytails
- Seeing hair break of
- Seeing scalp skin through hair
- Seeing more hair fall out daily either on your brush, on the floor, in showers, on your pillows, or in the sink.
- Seeing noticeable patches of thinner or missing hair, including a part on the top of your head that gets wider.
What are the types of hair loss in women?
One might have heard about female pattern baldness, where the hair loss is permanent from the scalp that causes baldness in women. The different types of hair loss in women are:
- Anagen effluvium: This is caused by medications that poison a growing hair follicle (like chemotherapy).
- Telogen effluvium: This is caused by an increased number of hair follicles reaching the telogen phase, which is the stage where hair falls out.
- Androgenetic alopecia: This is also known as female pattern alopecia or female pattern hair loss (FPHL) or baldness. This type is the most common. Hair thins over the top of the head and on the sides.
Female pattern hair loss is quite common that leads to baldness in women, but then one need not worry much about it because female pattern baldness treatment is available that deals with the hair fall in women more effectively.
What are the common causes of hair loss in women?
The common causes of hair fall in women are mentioned below:
- Hairstyle: Your style of hair can cause hair loss when your hair is arranged in ways that pull on your roots, like tight ponytails, braids, or cornrows. This type of hair loss is called traction alopecia. If hair follicles are damaged, the loss can be permanent.
- Vitamin deficiency.
- Dieting (rapid weight loss).
- Restrictive diets.
- Over processed scalp hair (breakage).
What causes anagen effluvium hair loss?
- Toxic substances, including chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and some medications. These cause sudden hair loss that can occur anywhere on your body. It happens to hair in the growth stage. Sometimes, this type of hair loss can be permanent if your hair follicles are damaged.
What causes telogen effluvium hair loss?
- Extreme physical stress or shock to your body: This causes temporary hair loss. This category includes events like losing weight, surgery, anemia, illness, and having a baby.
- Extreme emotional stress: mental illness, the death of a loved one, etc.
- An abnormal thyroid.
- Medications and supplements: blood pressure medicines, gout medicines and high doses of Vitamin A.
- Hormone changes caused by pregnancy, menopause or birth control pills.
What causes FPHL (Female Pattern Hair Loss)?
- Genes: Your family’s genes can cause thinning of hair along the top of your head.
- Aging: Hormone changes as you age can cause balding.
- Menopause: This type of hair loss often gets worse when estrogen is lost during menopause.
Baldness in women can be of a big concern because that affects their appearance, self-confidence, and self-esteem, and therefore, going for the best female hair loss treatment is one of the best ways to overcome the issue.
Hair loss treatments
Hair loss is caused by hormonal changes or stress that may not require treatment. There are chances that the hair fall in women would stop when the body starts to adjust slowly. Nutrient deficiencies also do not often require treatment unless and until it caused by underlying health conditions. There are several possible medications and treatments for hair loss caused by female pattern baldness and other alopecias. There is also hair transplant surgery available that can help your hair bring back. But then all of these treatments do have some side effects.
Homeopathy treatment for hair fall in women
Conventional hair loss therapies for hair fall consist of supplements that promote hair growth. Besides these, there are many treatments involving hair transfers and hair transplants that promise hair growth. But Dr Batras homeopathy treatment for hair fall in women is one of the best and effective treatments.
Homeopathy looks to treat the root cause of the disease rather than just the symptoms. It not only heals the patient from within but also heals it from outside as well. Homeopathic medicines are made from natural substances like plants, animals, and minerals, and therefore, it does not have any toxic side effects and also at the same time provides long-lasting results to the patient. Dr Batras homeopahty clinic gives homeopathic medicines are individualized, selected based on the individual case history of the patient by taking into consideration the cause like hormonal imbalance, nutritional factor, emotional stress, the nature of the patient, and other factors which may be acting as a maintaining cause in the hair loss.
Some of the best homeopathic remedies for hair loss in females are as follows:
- Calcarea Carb – Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Fall due to Hypothyroid
Calcarea Carb is a homeopathic medicine for hair fall that occurs due to hypothyroid. The hair may come out upon combing, and the majority of the hair fall happens from the side of the scalp or crown area. Along with this, yellowish-white scales may be present on the scalp. The scalp may be predisposed to excessive perspiration. A tendency to gain weight and intolerance towards cold are other symptoms.
- Thallium Met – Homeopathic Medicine for Rapid Hair Fall
Homeopathic medicine Thallium Met works well in cases where rapid hair fall is present. The hair fall may be general or in spots and usually occurs after the person goes through acute, exhausting diseases.
- Fluoricum Acidum – Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Loss in Spots
Fluoricum Acidum is a homeopathic medicine for hair loss that occurs in spots (alopecia areata). It is mainly used to treat hair loss in people with a hot temperament who constantly need to be relaxed. The cases of alopecia areata as a result of typhoid fever are also treated with this medicine.
- Vinca Minor – Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Fall with Itching
Vinca Minor is a homeopathic medicine for alopecia areata prepared from a plant named lesser periwinkle. The medication is used to treat bald spots on the scalp covered with short, wooly hair. Int4ense itching that gets worse at night may also be present.
- Phosphorus – Top Homeopathic Medicine for excessive Hair Fall
Phosphorus is a homeopathic medicine for hair fall wherein the hair falls out excessively in bunches. The hair may be dry, and premature greying of hair may also be present. Dandruff and excessive itching are some other symptoms.
- Wiesbaden Aqua – Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Regrowth
Wiesbaden is a homeopathic medicine for hair regrowth. It is a natural homeopathic medicine sourced from the springs of Wiesbaden in Prussia. This medicine is known to aid the quick growth of hair, and it also helps make the hair dense and darker in color.
- Mezereum – Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Fall due to Folliculitis
Mezereum is a homeopathic medicine for hair loss in cases where the hair gets destroyed due to scalp folliculitis. Symptoms like thick crusty eruptions on the scalp, a discharge of thick offensive pus, matting of hair, breeding of germs, and the gradual eating away due to layoffs lead to hair loss.
- Thuja Occidentalis – Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Fall and Dandruff
Thuja Occidentalis is a homeopathic medicine for hair fall and dandruff. This medicine is used to treat cases where the dandruff is white, dry with split ends, and falls out quickly. It helps treat dandruff as well as associated hair fall.
- Graphites Naturalis – Graphites Naturalis is a homeopathic medicine for hair loss that occurs due to a fungal infection of the scalp. Scaly, itchy spots on the scalp appear, accompanied by hair fall. Intolerable itching on the scalp, soreness on the scalp, and a burning sensation may be present.
- Arsenic Album – Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Fall from Lichen Planus
Arsenic Album is a homeopathic medicine for hair fall that occurs due to the autoimmune disease lichen planus. Rough, bald patches on the scalp may appear, along with itching and burning. The scalp may also be sensitive to touch.
- Kali Sulph – Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Fall from Seborrheic Dermatitis
Kali Sulph is a homeopathic medicine for hair fall that occurs due to seborrheic dermatitis. The dandruff flakes are yellow, very moist, and sticky. The scalp may be itchy, and this gets worse in warm conditions.
- Sepia Succus – Top Homeopathic Medicine for Female Pattern Baldness
Sepia Succus is a homeopathic medicine used to treat female pattern baldness and hair fall. In menopausal age, Sepia Succus has been successfully used to treat female pattern baldness. The women may complain of hot flushes followed by chills and perspiration. Bearing down pains in the uterus at menopause, along with hair loss, may be present. Some mental symptoms that point towards this medicine include irritability and indifferent behavior towards family members.
- Natrum Mur – Homeopathic Medicine for Hair Loss in Women
Natrum Mur is a homeopathic medicine for hair fall in women who lose hair at the slightest touch. They may also be anemic. This medicine is usually prescribed to women experiencing hair loss after childbirth. Along with hair loss, severe headaches after the delivery of a child may be present. The headache tends to get worse in the heat of the sun, and there may be inordinate craving for salty things.
These are some of the best homeopathic remedies for hair fall in women that the homeopath prescribes. Homeopathic medicines are personalized as the homeopathy doctor first examines and evaluates the patient’s medical history, family history, and current condition and then takes out a treatment plan accordingly to suits the patient. Homeopathic treatment for hair fall in women works by targeting the root cause and then treating it significantly. The best thing about homeopathy is that it is safe and provides long-term relief to the patient. At OHO Homeopathy, we understand that hair fall in women is a significant concern, and therefore, we try to solve the issue by giving them customized homeopathy treatment plans from our experts.