Share This Article
Vitiligo is a skin disease in which patches of skin become white. It is a long-term condition that affects the pigment cells in the skin. As a result, people with vitiligo have areas with less pigmentation or no pigment at all.
The lesion remains unchanged unless it spreads to other parts of the body, although sometimes they may fade gradually and even perhaps completely disappear spontaneously. However, this is not always the case, and there may be times when the lesions remain stable for a few weeks or months and later on reappear or progress to other areas.
In India, homeopathy helps many patients live everyday life without any side effects. Homeopathy is a very gentle treatment and also stimulates the body’s curative powers to heal itself. Homeopathy for vitiligo helps colour restoration of the skin by stimulating melanin pigment, which helps improve the quality of life. It helps treat vitiligo holistically, adding nutritional value, improved immunity, and mental well-being, improving general health conditions.
The present study aimed to evaluate the role of homeopathic remedies in treating vitiligo patients who follow allopathic treatment and those who are not responding satisfactorily on allopathic medications alone. The use of homeopathic medicine was compared with the placebo-treated group and allopathic medicines for six months.
The results revealed that homeopathic remedies are an effective and valuable adjunct to the allopathic treatment in vitiligo with a higher repigmentation rate than the placebo-treated group.
This present study found that homeopathy helps vitiligo patients with repigmentation and improves their quality of life. In addition, it can be used as an alternative modality without any significant side effects.
Here are the health benefits of using homeopathy for vitiligo treatment:
- It has no significant side effects and is, therefore, safer than other treatments. It acts as a safe and natural supplement with homeopathic medicines not only promoting the re-pigmentation of skin but also helps in boosting the general immunity, improving mental outlook leading to an improved overall health condition
- Homeopathy treatment reduces allopathic medications like steroids, thus minimizing their side effects such as gastrointestinal problems, weight gain, hyperglycaemia, hypertension, etc. Thus, enabling the patients to lead an everyday life without any major discomforts.
- Homeopathy treats vitiligo from its root cause, i.e., it replenishes deficiency of vital energy, which triggers the disease and thus limits the severity and spread of vitiligo.
- Unlike other therapies, it helps remove the underlying cause of vitiligo rather than just focusing on repigmentation of skin alone.
- Homeopathy is a natural treatment modality with the most negligible chances of allergies as compared to allopathic medicines like corticosteroid creams etc.,
- It helps boost patients’ overall immunity, which allows them to lead everyday life without any significant health discomforts.
- Homeopathy remedies work at the root level and treats not only skin disorders but also helps in improving mental outlook leading to improvement in quality of life
- The best part is that homeopathy treats vitiligo holistically with nutritional support to improve immunity and mental well-being.
- Homeopathy also treats the symptoms associated with vitiligo like red and inflamed skin and dry and chapped lips and repigmentation, leading to complete recovery.
- Homeopathy is a cost-effective treatment modality as compared to other therapies. Thus, it saves money and helps improve quality of life by avoiding major health problems associated with vitiligo, such as depression, stress, etc.
- It is best suited for children suffering from vitiligo, where parents can avoid exposing their child to allopathic treatments, which may have side effects on growing bones and the overall immunity of the child.
- A homeopathic remedy can be safely used alongside allopathic medicines, thus enabling vitiligo patients to lead everyday lives without significant side effects.
- Homeopathy provides emotional support to vitiligo sufferers leading to repigmentation of skin, which gradually reduces the psychological impact associated with vitiligo on body image, marriage due to social prohibitions, etc.,
- It is best suited for treatment-resistant cases of vitiligo where allopathic medications have failed, leading to increased severity and spreading of disease. Thus, it boosts immunity and helps improve mental outlook, thus enabling the patient to lead an everyday life without any significant health issues.
- Using homeopathy as a supplement to improve patients’ overall health condition helps repigment the skin cells, gradually enabling vitiligo sufferers to lead an everyday life without any significant side effects.
Homeopathy is an effective adjuvant therapy in managing vitiligo; it helps repigment the skin, improves the quality of life, and reduces stress, anxiety, depression, etc. It also reduces the need for steroids, thus helping to avoid their side effects like gastric disturbances, hypertension, etc. Homeopathy improves overall health and reduces dependence on allopathic medicines like corticosteroids, reducing many systemic side effects.
Homeopathy successfully meets all these criteria for treating vitiligo. The treatment process starts with taking a detailed case history followed by appropriate constitutional medicine, which has proved very helpful in our experience.
When to consider homeopathy s vitiligo treatment?
– Homeopathy is a gentle and natural treatment option with the most negligible chances of any side effects. It can be safely used in children.
– Treatment-resistant vitiligo for which allopathic therapies have failed, leading to increased severity and spreading of disease.
– In cases where there are side effects from the use of steroids associated with vitiligo.
– In cases where homeopathy is ignored as an effective treatment modality by physicians themselves.
Homeopathy has the potential to treat vitiligo and helps improve mental outlook, thus enabling the patient to lead an everyday life without any significant health issues. It boosts immunity and boosts vitamin D levels, thus helping repigment the skin cells gradually and enabling them to tan, unlike allopathic medications, which cause increased pigmentation and avoid any chances of developing patient cancer.
It is very beneficial in cases where there are psychological problems associated with vitiligo, such as stress, depression, etc. It helps reducing dependence on allopathic medicines like corticosteroids drugs by enhancing immunity levels, thus helping to reduce systemic side effects.
How you can control vitiligo naturally along with homeopathy:
- There are specific dietary changes which one needs to follow while taking homeopathic medicines like decreased protein intake, increased intake of fresh fruits and vegetables, avoiding nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes), Xanthium fruit (cantaloupe), thus improving overall health condition at the same time leading to faster results.
- One should start sunbathing when their skin begins getting discolored gradually using sunscreen lotion SPF 30 so that none of the patches get hyperpigmented.
- Reducing caffeine and alcoholic drinks as they cause a sudden drop in blood pressure is not a good sign for a person suffering from vitiligo.
- Stress management, yoga meditation, etc., should be started along with other therapies that help repigment the skin cells, leading to a gradually healthier skin tone. Thus, it improves overall health condition leading to healthy skin color and better compliance from patients and physicians treating these cases since homeopathy suits all ages, especially children having vitiligo from birth onwards, eliminating any chances of significant side effects associated with other treatment modalities available till date.
- Panchakarma can be considered in some instances where there is an underlying Vata imbalance. Thus it enhances immunity levels, thus leading to improved patient compliance, adherence to the treatment protocol.
- One can consider taking herbal products like shilajit, aloe vera gel, etc., along with homeopathic medicines, which benefit treating vitiligo naturally while reducing the need for significant side effects associated with allopathic drugs.
- Homeopathy should be considered a safe option in children with vitiligo. Unlike other conventional medical treatments, there are no chances of any side effects due to its unique way of action via affecting the mind rather than the body.
- Soaking in a lukewarm oatmeal bathtub filled with water may help you naturally prevent your skin from losing its natural moisture content while also helping repigment the skin cells naturally.
- Vitamin D supplements may also be given along with homeopathic medicines for faster repigmentation since it helps in improving the immune system, thus preventing any chances of relapse or recurrence of vitiligo.
- Homeopathy should be considered first-line treatment protocol rather than allopathic medicines first leading to increased severity and spreading of disease.
- Long term use of steroid creams/ointments cause thinning of the skin, making it fragile, leading to deeper penetration leading to unwanted side effects like subconjunctival fibrosis leading to blindness, among other things, thus causing them to look at alternative medical treatments involving home
- One should think of following the advice of their homeopathic physician carefully to enjoy better results in terms of speed and quality with fewer chances of recurrence.
Vitiligo can be easily treated with homeopathy, preventing significant further loss of pigmentation.
How homeopathy doctor diagnoses vitiligo?
Homeopathy doctors first carefully examine the symptoms of the patient and then carry out some lab tests. After diagnosis, depending upon the condition of the patient and stage of vitiligo, they will be prescribed some medicines. These medicines are so selected according to the symptoms which match with those of vitiligo. Homeopathic remedies stimulate the immune system and help in restoring skin color.
You can easily avoid surgery for vitiligo with the help of homeopathy:
Homeopathic Medicines will help in faster recovery, less pain & scarring, with no side effects. Homeopathic remedies are also helpful in preventing vitiligo from spreading further. There is no need for surgery if treated with homeopathy. It will give you natural colour to your skin by stimulating melanocyte cells or pigment cells present in the basal membrane, so there is no chance of discoloration of hair and other parts present in the body.
An early visit to a homeopathic doctor can prevent vitiligo spread:
People who visit a homeopathic doctor early will find that they can prevent the vitiligo from spreading more. For any disease treatment, there is no better way than prevention. Homeopathy helps in preventing the spread of vitiligo by stopping it at its very beginning itself. It can even reverse some scar marks & patches on the skin caused due to vitiligo. Homeopathy has several remedies for treating vitiligo which may help you get rid of it completely. When the body’s health is restored to normal with homeopathic medicines, your immune system also recovers, giving you protection against future recurrence of this problem. Even if you have visited doctors earlier for this condition, do not have an open heart because homeopathic drugs can help you come out of it.
Homeopathic doctors have successfully treated innumerable people suffering from vitiligo with homeopathy. The drugs used in the treatment are so effective that they may even be able to reverse skin patches or white spots caused by vitiligo to a great extent.
Some points to remember when you choose homeopathic treatment for vitiligo:
- It is essential to see a qualified homeopath.
- Have patience as it takes time for the treatment to give results. Still, once you begin treatment, your skin color will surely start showing improvement within 4-6 months by just using three remedies, no more than 10% of the total number of remedies prescribed in homeopathy. There mustn’t be any delay or interruption in treatment till all symptoms are gone and pleasant even skin color is seen all over the body
- Do not stop the medication without the doctor’s advice, as this may lead to vitiligo relapse. Usually, it takes two years of continuous treatment before complete recovery from vitiligo. Even after complete recovery, if the patient stops taking medication, then vitiligo can relapse.
- If vitiligo is confined to a small area, the treatment mentioned above is highly effective and results in complete recovery of that part.
- For general vitiligo or diffuse vitiligo, it may take two years before complete recovery of skin color is seen all over the body. The best way for remission from diffused vitiligo is to go for melanocyte transplant surgery, which will help you get your skin color back. There are chances of relapse if you stop medication after surgery. So compliance with the drug has to be followed lifelong even after successful transplantation.
As we have already mentioned that it is essential to see a qualified homeopathy doctor for vitiligo, we suggest you book an appointment through OHO Homeopathy. We have enlisted some of the best homeopaths in India on our site.