Share This Article
If your skin is covered in blotches and other bad-looking patches, don’t despair: you may have psoriasis. Psoriasis is a physical and mental symptom of inner imbalance and stress. Homeopathy can help you restore this balance and alleviate the symptoms caused by physiological stressors such as diet, environment, or other causes. Homeopathy treats patients as whole beings, not just as their diseases. The first essential step to any homeopathic treatment correlates with the fundamental principle of homeopathy: ” Do like with like.” This means that one must first identify the patient’s dominant complaint. In psoriasis patients, that means identifying what makes the patient different from others. For many people with psoriasis-like symptoms like scaling, soreness, or itching-their skin is their dominant complaint. Before knowing how homeopathy is effective for psoriasis, let’s learn about psoriasis?
What is psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a disease that causes skin cells to grow too quickly. Over time, new skin cells form and replace older ones more rapidly than usual. This build-up of new skin can lead to raised red patches with silvery scales on top, known as plaques. Plaques are standard in psoriasis patients’ elbows, knees, hands, and feet.
What are the causes of psoriasis?
- Psoriasis might be caused by the immune system attacking the skin due to an environmental trigger.
- Psoriasis can also result from an autoimmune response, in which the body’s defenses attack healthy cells because they are perceived as foreign invaders.
- Genetic factors or family history may play a role in psoriasis.
- Stressful situations that exacerbate psoriasis symptoms-Examples include injuries, trauma, and infections.
- Skin conditions like dermatitis or eczema can increase your risk of getting psoriasis.
What are common reasons that worsen psoriasis?
- Stress:Mental stress can trigger flare-ups in patients who suffer from chronic cases of psoriasis. Stress can be effectively managed with natural remedies like homeopathy, which helps reduce stress and increase immunity.
- Diet:Food allergies or intolerance to certain food items can trigger psoriasis in some patients. Always consult your healthcare provider before eating anything new during homeopathic treatment for psoriasis to check if you are allergic to it or not.
- Alcohol, smoking, and drugs: These substances will gradually affect the body’s functions over a prolonged period, leading to side effects, including exacerbation of psoriasis. Avoid these substances during homeopathic treatment for psoriasis unless advised by your healthcare provider about their possible benefits if you have other medical conditions to treat along with psoriasis, such as diabetes, etc. It is advisable that you do drink in moderation and only after consulting your doctor.
- Heat: Sudden exposure to heat or hot weather can trigger psoriasis, especially if you tend to sweat excessively. Do not take long showers in hot water and avoid excessive sweating at work during homeopathic treatment for psoriasis so that symptoms do not worsen further.
- Sunlight:Avoid sunbathing when the body is most sensitive such as before taking a shower or during the initial hours of waking up when you are half asleep till your body becomes acclimatized with morning sunlight gradually. Also, cover yourself well before going outdoors, especially if working outdoors, so that you do not get exposed directly to sunlight which could lead to increased redness, swelling, flaking skin, etc.
What are the common signs and symptoms of psoriasis?
- Red patches on areas covered by joints or other bony structures during flare-ups can indicate the presence of psoriasis, especially if itching, burning sensation, etc., indicating localized outbreak responding adversely to external such as sunlight, heat, and cold.
- Scaling or whitish thickening of skin beyond joints is another common symptom for identifying psoriasis in otherwise healthy individuals who could not identify any triggers for this disease that started suddenly with no history of similar outbreaks in the same areas the past.
- Pain on touch, especially when inflamed, can indicate the presence of psoriasis irrespective of other symptoms since it indicates localized infection affecting your bone structure, leading to soreness due to inflammation, etc.
What are the types of psoriasis?
There are four main types of psoriasis:
- Plaque-most common Type; appears on the elbows, knees, and scalp; covers an area less than 3 inches wide
- Guttate-small drop-shaped spots that appear suddenly, often after strep throat infection; usually go away within weeks or months
- Pustular-small bumps filled with pus that may leave behind pitted scars; often found below the knee or elbow
- Erythrodermic-affects the entire body (redness covering more than 75 percent of the body), which is rare. It can be triggered by strep throat or other infections as well as stress.
Adverse effects of conventional medications for the treatment of psoriasis:
- Creams and lotions that reduce plaques also cause the skin to thicken, which can lead to cracks in fingers and toes
- Topical medications like corticosteroids can damage the skin when used for long periods. They may promote an increased risk of infection or psoriatic arthritis.
- Systemic medications can interact with other medicines, so patients need to be monitored closely during the treatment. Psoriasis drugs may also have severe side effects, including infections, liver injury, diabetes, heart disease, or cancer.
- Topical retinoids are derived from vitamin A and are available as creams, gels, or lotions. They help prevent new plaques from forming by stimulating the growth of skin cells.
Advantages of homeopathic remedies over conventional medications for psoriasis:
- Homeopathy is safe to use with minimal or no side effects.
- Homeopathic remedies have shown significant results in all types of psoriasis conditions, including pustular, erythrodermic, scalp, guttate, and plaque psoriasis.
- Homeopathy covers the root cause of disease rather than just treating signs and symptoms-Homeopathy supports immune system health by removing factors that trigger illness while strengthening overall immunity.
- It stimulates the body’s self-healing and curative powers to help you achieve lasting recovery.
Why choose homeopathic treatment for psoriasis?
It helps restore the body’s balance and heals psoriasis from the root cause for long-lasting relief. It is a preferred treatment option among many patients due to its natural, safe, and non-toxic approach. Conventional medications such as steroids or vitamin D3 helps with the symptoms, but they don’t treat the root cause. Homeopathy focuses on treating the disease at its roots rather than just alleviating signs and symptoms. It removes factors that trigger illness while strengthening overall immunity by stimulating self-healing and curative powers of your body to help you achieve lasting recovery.
What is the right time to visit a homeopathy doctor for psoriasis?
Homeopathy works best for psoriasis when symptoms of the disease are mild. However, it is never too late to seek treatment even if your symptoms, such as dry and itchy skin, flaking, and patches of redness, have increased in severity. Homeopathic remedies can help improve symptoms and maintain healthy skin while improving overall health and well-being. Always consult your homeopathy doctor for the proper treatment to treat psoriasis.
How long will I have to be on the homeopathic remedies?
The course of treatment varies from patient to patient, depending on their health condition. In general, therapy ideally lasts at least six months as this provides enough time for your body to recover from illness and sustain remission. Patients who have chronic psoriasis conditions involving skin dryness require constant dosing every 2 or 3 weeks since these diseases cannot be healed completely in a short period.
What are the lifestyle changes to follow during homeopathic treatment for psoriasis?
- Proper diet:While taking homeopathic treatment for psoriasis, avoid sugar and simple carbohydrates such as white bread, pasta, and refined sugar. Foods that contain natural ingredients such as whole grains, nuts, and beans are good to follow. Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Exercise: Regular exercise not only helps keep your weight in check but also prevents flare-ups by relaxing your mind and body and improving blood circulation in joints and muscles. It is best to consult a fitness expert who can design an indoor routine for you to enjoy the full benefits of exercise at any time during the day or night, depending on convenience.
- Relaxation techniques: Meditation, yoga, or deep breathing exercises help deal with stress, which triggers psoriasis. These techniques help reduce and manage stress and anxiety and help achieve a healthy state of mind.
- Smoking: Consult your healthcare provider before you stop or start smoking, as this can affect the outcome of homeopathic treatment for psoriasis.
- Skincare:To relieve dryness, use mild soaps with no perfumes or dyes on affected parts such as the face, elbows, and knees every day after showering to keep skin moisturized and hydrated.
- Stress reduction tactics:Exercise regularly, maintain social ties, plan regular vacations with friends and family to stay happy and healthy during homeopathic treatment for psoriasis.
Is it true that I may feel worse initially when taking homeopathy remedies?
Yes, some patients feel worse before they start feeling better. This is known as the ‘healing crisis’ in homeopathy, where symptoms of psoriasis may worsen initially with remedies, but this indicates that your body’s self-healing mechanism has started to work. You will feel better soon with natural psoriasis treatment.
What are the benefits of homeopathic treatment for psoriasis?
- Safe and effective:Since homeopathy works with your body’s natural healing system, there is a minimal risk of side effects.
- Long-lasting results:Results from homeopathic treatment for psoriasis are long-lasting since unhealthy disease patterns get reversed naturally without causing any further harm to your body. Homeopathic remedies encourage self-healing, which improves overall health and well-being rather than just treating symptoms temporarily.
- Outcome depends on how you respond to homeopathy remedies: Unlike chemical drugs, no two individuals have the same response to the same drug due to biological variations in genes and environmental factors such as stress at work or family tensions, etc. This is why remedies work differently for different people, and the result depends on how your body responds to the homeopathic treatment of psoriasis.
- Treatment costs less: This form of medicine allows gradual healing and not just suppression of symptoms and natural cures lower overall health care costs in the long run while improving your quality of life.
- Homeopathy supports a self-healing system: Homeopathy encourages the innate ability of the body to heal itself rather than suppressing disease. Conventional medicines use harmful chemicals such as steroids which suppress immunity and cause serious adverse side effects over a prolonged period.
How is a homeopathic treatment for psoriasis given?
Homeopathic treatment for psoriasis is based on identifying and prescribing the most appropriate remedy based on the overall condition of your physical and emotional wellness. These remedies may be used alone or in combination with other medications depending upon the severity of symptoms. Treatments are selected based on how you experience your skin disorder’s physical, mental and emotional characteristics, such as itching, burning, scaling, etc. The remedies also consider how lifestyle factors such as stress, diet habits such as consumption of dairy products, etc., might worsen your condition and impair healing, while homeopathy treats psoriasis from within by improving metabolism while strengthening immunity at the same time.
Conventional treatments focus on suppressing symptoms using chemical drugs; homeopathy focuses on improving overall wellness by strengthening immunity while encouraging self-healing on an individual basis. This difference in approach is reflected in the safety levels of the two forms of therapy. Homeopathy offers relief without side effects, unlike synthetic drugs, which suppress the immune system and cause harmful side-effects over a prolonged usage period; homeopathic treatment helps strengthen your defense mechanism while treating psoriasis naturally without causing any further harm your body. For more information, you can book an appointment through OHO Homeopathy!