Share This Article
Acne is one of the most common skin diseases. Acne impacts the lives of millions of people around the world, both young and old. Acne scars can be traumatizing and embarrassing to those who deal with them. Essential oils can be used for acne scars in various ways. Essential oils provide several benefits both to your skin and well-being. The best essential oils for acne scars are tea tree oil, lavender oil, frankincense oil, lemon oil, rosemary oil, eucalyptus oil, and thyme oil. It is recommended that you use the top 10 essential oils for acne scars in combination with carrier oils like coconut or almond before using them on exposed skin areas.
Top 10 Essential Oils for Acne Scars
- Aloe Vera Oil: It is very effective for all skin types, especially combination and oily skin types. It contains anti-inflammatory properties that reduce irritation and soothe the skin and reduce the redness of scars. The moisturizing properties of this oil hydrate dry and flaky skin cells. It is also rich in antioxidants such as vitamin A and E, which rejuvenates new cells and prevents scar tissue from forming. Moreover, it contains salicylic acid, which helps heal scars faster than expected by dissolving dead skin cells that cause swelling beneath the surface of your acne scars, making them more noticeable. Finally, its astringent properties help shrink pores and tighten enlarged skin cells to reduce pore size.
- Tea Tree Oil –This oil is considered the best natural remedy for acne scars because it contains antibacterial and antiseptic properties that kill bacteria, germs, and parasites on your face and neck area without irritating the surrounding tissues leaving behind clean, healthy skin cells with no breakouts or clogged pores. It also has astringent properties, which will help shrink your pores, making them less noticeable while moisturizing dry skin at the same time. Furthermore, tea tree oil is very effective in removing dead skin cells beneath the surface of acne scars, making way for new cell regeneration, thus reducing scar tissue development.
- Lavender Oil –This oil has soothing, moisturizing properties to relieve irritation and redness caused by breakout disease. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling beneath the skin’s surface, leaving you with smooth acne-free skin. Lavender oil is one of the best essential oils for acne scars because it has astringent properties which shrink pores, tighten enlarged skin cells to reduce pore size, making them less noticeable. It also prevents new acne breakouts from occurring, thus preventing further skin damage in the future. This oil is very beneficial when used on all types of scars because it penetrates deep into your skin to heal old scars while preventing new scar tissue formation at the same time.
- Frankincense Oil –Frankincense oil contains anti-inflammatory properties that will help reduce swelling caused by acne. It also has anti-bacterial properties, which kill germs and bacteria that may cause skin infections while soothing your skin to relieve any itching, burning, or redness you might be experiencing. This oil is very effective for all types of scars because it contains curative properties that regenerate new cells beneath the surface of acne scars while strengthening and thickening tissues making them less noticeable in just a matter of weeks, depending on the severity of your case.
- Lemon Oil –This oil encourages the regeneration of healthy cells underneath existing scar tissue, making it smoother and less noticeable over time. It contains nutrients such as vitamin C, which promotes collagen production; folic acid helps improve elasticity; citric acid removes dead cells from the top layer of the skin, which contributes to acne scars. Lemon oil is very beneficial on all types of scars because it has strong anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling and redness without irritating or harming sensitive skin cells while also preventing new scar tissue from forming in the future.
- Rosemary Oil –This essential oil will help restore liver function, which regulates hormonal changes that may cause your breakouts to return after being treated by medications or any other natural remedies you might be used for acne treatment. It also contains astringent properties, which remove excess sebum from clogged pores, therefore, prevent new acne from occurring, thus reducing the risk of scar formation at the same time. Moreover, rosemary oil stimulates new cell growth in existing scar tissues making them less noticeable in just a matter of weeks, depending on the severity of your case.
- Sandalwood Oil –This essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties that will help reduce redness and swelling caused by acne breakouts without irritating sensitive skin cells in the process. Furthermore, sandalwood oil is very beneficial for all types of scars because it contains solid astringent properties which remove excess sebum from clogged pores to prevent new acne breakouts making way for new cell regeneration beneath existing scar tissue to make them less noticeable over time. It also helps regenerate healthy skin cells while strengthening weak scar tissues to reduce their appearance over time.
- Basil Oil –This essential oil has antiseptic, analgesic, and antibacterial properties that kill harmful bacteria and germs that may cause skin infections and inflammation. Basil oil also contains solid astringent properties, which remove excess sebum from clogged pores to prevent new acne breakouts or prevent them from forming in the future. Furthermore, this essential oil is very beneficial on all types of scars because it contains curative properties that regenerate healthy skin cells while strengthening weak scar tissues to reduce their appearance over time, making way for new cell regeneration beneath existing scar tissue to make them less noticeable in just a matter of weeks depending on the severity of your case.
- Cedarwood Oil –This essential oil has both anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, which will help reduce redness and swelling caused by acne breakouts without irritating sensitive skin cells in the process. It also helps regenerate healthy skin cells while strengthening weak scar tissues to reduce their appearance over time, making way for new cell regeneration beneath existing scar tissue to make them less noticeable in just a matter of weeks, depending on the severity of your case.
- Tamanu Oil –This oil is very beneficial for acne scars because it contains antioxidants that will help slow down the appearance of new wrinkles, fade existing dark spots caused by scarring and hyperpigmentation, and prevent the formation of future fine lines. Tamanu oil is made up of fatty acids, including linoleic acid, which helps regenerate healthy skin cells underneath damaged tissue, making way for new cell growth underneath existing scar tissues to make them less noticeable in just a matter of weeks, depending on the severity of your case.
Steps you should take in reducing acne scars:
- Regularly use sunscreen with an SPF, especially after addressing hormonal changes aggressively since this is one common factor behind breakouts.
- Try to find out what triggered your breakouts, especially if they have to do with dietary habits.
- Stop picking or popping your pimples which can cause scarring. This minimizes the number of times you touch your face, especially when your hands are full of harmful bacteria that can worsen acne.
- Seek professional help from a dermatologist, skincare specialist, or esthetician for all types of scar treatments depending on the severity of your case.
- Try different brands of skincare products to see which one works best for you, especially if you have a sensitive skin type because some chemicals used in these products may not be suitable for your skin condition, thus making matters worse instead of helping improve it at all costs avoid buying over-the-counter chemicals as much as possible to prevent any further complications.
- Keep your skin clean all the time to avoid breakouts from forming in the future, especially if you have an oily skin type, to prevent excess sebum from clogging pores and causing new acne breakouts, which may worsen existing acne scars over time.
- Incorporate antioxidant and vitamin-rich foods into your daily diets, such as kale, broccoli, spinach, strawberries, blueberries, and bananas for better results depending on your current condition since some of these healthy foods work best for certain people. In contrast, others may not be suitable for someone else based on their body type and dietary needs; therefore, take this point seriously if you care about getting rid of those annoying acne scars without putting your health at risk because each body type has different needs.
- Consume a lot of water daily to achieve better results without risking your overall health at all costs since you will be flushing out harmful toxins from your body as you continue drinking lots of pure, clean water regularly, which is extremely important for those who have oily skin type to avoid breakouts from forming in the future especially now that it’s summertime and hot, humid weather conditions are prevalent these days, therefore pay extra attention towards making sure you’re fully hydrated all day long if this applies to your current situation and dietary needs.
Things to remember while using essential oils:
- Take a small amount of oil and apply it to your skin to see if any allergic reaction occurs before you decide to use any essential oils for acne scars.
- If you have a sensitive skin type, it is best to try diluting some of the oil with water or carrier oil before applying it directly on your skin without testing the waters first.
- If you’re using more than one essential oil, then make sure to do a patch test for each specific oil to avoid any further complications, especially if they irritate your skin.
- Always use pure versions of these 100% natural and organic oils because you want all the specifics to be present in these oils as a whole if this applies to your current condition.
- Be patient with the essential oil treatment for acne scars since results will take time before they’re achieved gradually depending on each case, so always keep that in mind.
- Follow any given instructions by the brand or supplier you are working with to achieve even better results.
When to visit the doctor for acne scars?
- If you have cystic acne that is bad and painful, you should visit your dermatologist right away because this requires urgent medical attention since it can leave permanent scars on your skin over time if not appropriately treated with prescription medications by a professional immediately.
- You also want to see a doctor immediately if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Some essential oils may not be suitable for pregnant women or babies still breastfeeding since proper safety precautions must be taken before using any essential oil in these exceptional cases.
- If your scars don’t fade away even after giving the natural anti-acne oil treatment for several months, then it’s best to discuss other possibilities with your doctor, especially if topical remedies don’t work for you due to your current condition.
However, if these treatments don’t work, then be sure to visit a doctor right away because there could be other underlying conditions that need proper medical attention before continuing with any home remedy treatment, even though they’re highly effective in most cases. You can also visit a homeopathy doctor to get rid of acne scars.
The bottom line:
Acne scars can occur for different reasons, such as acne breakouts left untreated, picking or popping pimples, and other factors that cause inflammation, infection, and discoloration of the skin. Even though acne scars are challenging to get rid of, several effective methods reduce their appearance significantly, homeopathic treatment for acne scars is one of them.
Homeopathic treatment for acne scars:
Homeopathic treatment for acne scars is one of the least known methods to naturally get rid of acne scars, but it’s also very effective, so always keep that in mind. Even though homeopathy hasn’t been around for a long time, many people still use this method for several reasons, mainly because homeopathy can be used alongside other conventional treatments, so compatibility issues never arise when using this approach. Some of the benefits of homeopathy are that it’s completely natural, doesn’t have any side effects even though you’re taking several different remedies at once, treats all the underlying conditions without masking the symptoms by triggering other complications or suppression effects, and can be used on its own or alongside other remedies without cancelling one another out.
Some of the signs that indicate you need to visit a homeopathy doctor are acne scars that don’t seem to fade over time, failure with topical scar treatments, poor results with laser therapy for acne scars, and failure with chemical peels for acne scars. You can book an appointment through OHO Homeopathy for more information.