Share This Article
You can enhance the beauty of your skin if you know the type of your skin and home remedies to enhance your beauty routine. While some people are blessed with clear and beautiful skin, others struggle to have healthy-looking skin. So many makeup products claim to cover up acne breakouts and help with discoloration and dullness. The truth is many different types of skin need other treatments, so knowing your style will give you the best chance at achieving clear, beautiful skin. Here are some basic skin types with home remedies to help you understand how to care for your skin.
Home Remedies for Dull and dry skin:
Dry skin is the kind of skin that needs a lot of hydration and moisturizing. An excellent way to do this is by using masks that contain hyaluronic acid, glycerine, or aloe vera on the skin after cleansing it with warm water. Dry skin can also be treated with a scrub that contains oatmeal or salt so you can exfoliate your skin to make it look brighter.
Use Coconut oil:Â Coconut oil is a great beauty product with many benefits for the skin. This includes soothing dry, flaky skin and helping to reduce bacteria.
Use Aloe Vera Gel:Â Aloe Vera gel is an excellent natural remedy for dry skin, and it helps improve the texture of your skin. This natural moisturizer has been used for centuries and is great to use after sun exposure or when the air conditioner dries out your skin.
Use Oatmeal:Â Oatmeal can be used to make an exfoliating scrub that will help reduce bacteria on the skin, making dull skin look brighter.
Lemon and olive oil:Â Mix one tablespoon of honey with extra virgin olive oil add some lemon juice. Please apply to your face, neck, and hands for fifteen minutes before washing them off.
Home Remedies for Acne-prone skin:Â
There are a few different types of acne, but most people deal with oily skin and causes pimples on the face or chest area. If you have this type of skin, try using salicylic acid products since they can help unclog pores. These home remedies can make your skin acne-free and glowing:
Tomato scrub:Â Mix the tomato with a little bit of sugar and rub it on your skin. Leave for 15 minutes before washing off.
Cucumber:Â Grate cucumbers, add up to three tablespoons of honey or brown sugar, and leave this mixture overnight in the fridge. Wash the next day and pat dry with tissue paper before applying moisturizer.
Yogurt mask:Â The yogurt mask is a good remedy for oily skin, acne-prone, or sensitivity. The yogurt contains lactic acid, which helps reduce sebum production and eliminate impurities from pores. Apply it on your face in circular motions, then leave it on for about 15 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
Cinnamon mask:Â Cinnamon is a popular home remedy for acne. Many people report that it’s an effective treatment because of its antibacterial properties, which help fight the bacteria on your skin that cause breakouts and impurities in pores. Add cinnamon powder (about half a teaspoon) into two tablespoons of raw honey or sugar until you get a paste-like consistency. Apply generously onto a clean face as part of your daily routine – before bedtime works best!
Home remedies for oily skin:
Excess sebum production can be caused by several reasons, from stress to hormonal imbalances it can make your skin oily. Fret not! These remedies will help get your skin balanced and looking radiant again:
Honey Mask:Â Honey is a natural humectant, meaning it will draw in moisture to the skin and maintain healthy levels of oils. It also contains antibacterial properties, which help with acne. Apply honey to the face and leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
Sugar Scrub:Â Use sugar mixed with either olive oil or coconut oil as your scrubbing agent-it’s gentle enough not to irritate sensitive, oily skin types but exfoliates away dead cells that can clog pores. Massage this onto damp skin and rinse off after five minutes.
Banana Mask:Â Bananas contain a natural enzyme called protease, which has antibacterial properties that help with acne and breakouts. Mash up two bananas in a bowl until the mixture is gooey (not too sticky) and apply to your face for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
Cosmetic clay:Â Mix one part finely ground oatmeal with two parts natural clay, such as bentonite. Apply to your skin and leave for an hour or so before washing off. The best way to use cosmetic clay is to make fresh paste every time you need it. Mix the ingredients by hand until they reach a paste-like consistency that’s easy to spread on the face without dripping all over the place. Wait another 15 minutes after removing and gently patting dry with a towel.
Home remedies for combination skin:
Combination skin is a type of skin that has areas of dry skin and oily skin. This type of skin can be challenging to manage because it needs a balance between hydration and acne prevention. Try these home remedies for combination skin:
Dried Orange Peel and curd:Â Mix the peel and curd until they form a paste. Apply to skin for 15 minutes, then rinse off with water. The orange peel helps dry up excess oil on your skin while also exfoliating dead cells. The dried orange is full of vitamin C, which will help lighten acne scars and tyrosinase production.
Rosewater with Honey:Â Mix rose water and honey together to form a paste. Slather onto skin, then rinse off with water after 15 minutes. Honey is full of antioxidants that help reduce inflammation caused by acne, while the rosewater will moisturize your skin without making it oily.
Lemon juice:Â Squeeze some fresh lemon juice on cotton pads or flannels and use them as an exfoliating scrub for 20 seconds before rinsing off with water. Lemon helps dry up excess oil from the surface of your skin while also providing natural antibacterial properties because they are rich in vitamin C, which fights bacteria-causing breakouts.
Papaya mask:Â Papaya is rich in enzymes, which help to dissolve dead skin cells. It also contains vitamin A and C for brightening the complexion of the skin. Use mashed papaya pulp mixed with honey makes a good mask that fights blackheads and moisturizes rough and dull-looking skin.
Home remedies for sensitive skin:Â
Sensitive skin is a common problem with many different causes. The most common culprits for sensitive skin are allergens like pollen, dust mites, and pet dander. In addition to avoiding the triggers mentioned above, itâ€™s also helpful to use gentle cleansers and moisturizers that will hydrate without irritating your skin further. Here are three options worth considering:
Potato Mask: A potato mask is one of the most common home remedies for sensitive skin. All you need to do is peel a potato and cut it into small cubes (one-half inch). Put these on your face gently for 20 minutes before rinsing off with water. It will draw out toxins from within your pores while also providing nutrients that will hydrate dry patches of skin. You’ll see results in about an hour after using this mask once or twice weekly.
Raw Milk:Â Raw milk is an excellent option for sensitive skin because it carries all the nutrients and enzymes that help heal irritated or damaged tissue. In addition to drinking, you can also put raw milk on your face as a mask before bedtime for maximum benefits. Be sure not to leave this one on too long so that you don’t dry out your already-sensitive skin even more!
Aloe Vera: One woman’s solution to her sensitive skin was aloe vera!! This substance is found in most medicine cabinets across America but works best when applied directly from an actual plant and with no additional ingredients added (like moisturizer). Please make sure both sides are exposed at once by peeling off two strips of leaves, then apply them gently to your skin. Let the juice do its magic for 20 minutes before rinsing off with water.
Tea: Brew a cup of tea with chamomile, green, black, or white. Let the liquid cool before applying it to your skin and letting it dry for fifteen minutes. The tannic acid in the tea soothes your skin as well as is antioxidant-rich. Many other herbs have been used historically on sensitive skin, such as lavender, rosemary, and sage which you can try out depending on what’s available near you!
You have to be consistent in your skincare routine. For example, if you don’t exfoliate your skin twice a week and only do it once, the dead cells will become too much for your natural oil to handle. The best way to get the benefits of a home remedy is by using it consistently. There are other tips that you can follow for beautiful skin:
There are other tips that you can follow for beautiful skin:
- Hydrate your skin by drinking about eight glasses of water per day. Bring a bottle with you if necessary to remind yourself and enjoy all the benefits of better hydration.
- Incorporate foods rich in antioxidants into your diet like blueberries, pomegranates, spinach, etc., which help protect cells against oxidation damage. Antioxidants also prevent inflammation caused by environmental factors such as pollution or sun exposure. Your mother was right! Eat these healthy fruits for beautiful skin!
- Keep stress levels low by enjoying daily exercise and relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, or deep breathing exercises. These skills increase blood flow throughout the body, including relaxing muscles and calming anxiety. Learning how to manage your stress will not only help your skin look and feel better, but it will also help you live a healthier life.
- Don’t forget sunscreen either- it’s vital when protecting your skin from harmful UV rays outside; make sure to apply enough before going in the sun (usually 30 minutes prior is best). A physical block sunscreen will provide more protection than a chemical one.
- Even though it may feel good, don’t pop your pimples! Popping a zit can lead to scarring and infection if not done correctly. Consult your dermatologist for acne treatment options that won’t cause further damage or leave you in pain later.
- It would help to exfoliate your face with a gentle scrub once to twice per week to get glowing skin. This removes dead cells and dirt from the skin’s surface that can build up and cause acne or dullness. When picking out an exfoliant is choosing one for your own specific needs (i.e., oily vs. dry).
- Another way to keep beautiful skin is by using products meant for your skin type, as a face wash for dry skin. Consider this when shopping for beauty products, and you’ll be able to avoid issues that come with using the wrong one.
- Exercise is a great way to keep your skin healthy. It stimulates collagen production, which gives you that youthful glow and reduces the appearance of wrinkles!
At times there are health conditions that can change your skin. It can get dry and sensitive, or oily. At times the skin is exposed to anything that touches it, like heat or cold air. Some people experience a lot of itching, which may make them want to scratch their skin. If you have any of these symptoms, then there are ways for your skin to be back on track, so here’s what you should do:
– Use hydrating moisturizers with natural ingredients
.- Avoid harsh chemicals found in makeup kits, cleansers, and toners.
– Eat healthy foods high in vitamin A & C, such as spinach, broccoli, oranges, etc.
– Get enough sleep because stress can exacerbate these conditions (e.g., acne).
– Consider treatments such as topical ointments, skincare products, or prescription medications.
These are just some of the things you can be doing to help your skin back on track.
Homeopathy for healthy skin:
- Homeopathy is one of the most popular natural remedies for skincare. It can be used for a range of skin conditions, including acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
- These remedies are safe to use on your whole body without any adverse effects or side effects.
- Skin changes can be due to diseases like thyroid, diabetes, hormonal changes. Homeopathy treats the underlining problem and boosts the health of the skin.
- Homeopathic remedies also reduce oil production in glands, leading to easy clearing up of pimples within a few days after their usage without any scarring on your face.
You can always consult a homeopathic practitioner about your skin type before carrying out any treatment at home. Homeopaths will be able to give you an accurate diagnosis. To know more about your skin and home remedies, book an appointment today through OHO Homeopathy!