Share This Article
Vitiligo is a skin disorder characterized by white patches on your skin that may appear on any part of the body. It is a common condition, and there is no known for sure cause for it. The first symptom of this disease is light-coloured patches or spots on your skin. Once it appears, the discoloration gradually spreads all over the body parts where you get exposed to sunlight or other artificial solid sources of ultraviolet light.
Here are few Home Remedies to cure vitiligo:
1)Lemon and Honey:Â Lemon contains a high amount of vitamin C, an effective antioxidant because it can neutralize harmful free radicals generated in your body. Free radicals may cause damage to cells, protein, and DNA of your skin, leading to discoloration. Daily consumption of raw lemon juice helps provide enough vitamin C. Vitamin C is also required for collagen production that gives strength and firmness to the skin. Honey contains antioxidants in it which help repair damaged skin cells. A combination of honey and lemon can cure vitiligo effectively when applied to the affected area twice a day or early morning after bathing for 20 minutes
2)Green Tea:Â Green tea is one of the best home remedies for treating vitiligo or any other skin condition. Green tea contains antioxidants that help neutralize harmful free radicals and prevent them from attacking your healthy skin cells, thus reducing the appearance of white patches or spots on your skin. Drink a cup of green tea twice a day to get better results.
3) Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is one of the best home remedies for treating vitiligo because it has several valuable properties for curing various diseases such as vitiligo. It comes with an active component called glutathione which helps in strengthening the immune system by enhancing the natural healing system inside our body. When applied topically, aloe vera gel speeds up the cell regeneration process and prevents inactive melanin pigment formation.
4)Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful herb that contains antioxidants, which help repair the skin cells and improve their elasticity. It also eliminates free radicals from your body, thus preventing them from attacking healthy skin cells thus reducing white patches or spots on your skin. Mix half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with a bit of water to make a paste and apply the same to the affected area. Drink at least four glasses of warm milk daily to get better results.
5) Coconut oil: Coconut oil helps moisturize your dry skin by keeping it soft and supple for a more extended, period making it easy for new healthy cells to grow up in place of damaged and dead ones. It also reduces inflammation and itching significantly, thus providing relief from itchiness associated with vitiligo. Apply coconut oil on the affected area twice or thrice a day for best results.
6) Alum: Alum is another effective home remedy for curing this disease if taken internally as well as externally. Its consumption helps maintain your body’s pH balance, which is vital for effectively treating various conditions, including vitiligo. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the damage caused due to the formation of white patches or spots on your skin. The anti-inflammatory properties make it one of the best home remedies to cure vitiligo naturally within a period shorter than expected without any side effects involved.
7)Honey & Clove: Combining honey and clove is highly beneficial for treating vitiligo as it provides relief from skin irritation and inflammation. It has anti-inflammatory properties that provide a cooling effect on the damaged skin leading to a reduction in itching sensation followed by a cure. It also contains natural bleaching agents, which help prevent the formation of white patches or spots on your skin and reduces their appearance naturally within a short period. Again, drink a glass of warm milk daily to see better results.
8)Indian Lilac (Neem): Indian Lilac or Neem is one of the best home remedies effective for curing vitiligo because it has several valuable properties such as antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiseptic. It helps neutralize harmful free radicals from your body, which are otherwise known to attack healthy skin cells and cause white patches or spots on them. Neem is also used for treating other skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema, etc.
9)Papaya leaves: Papaya leaf contains a compound called papain that helps heal the damaged skin effectively by speeding up the cell regeneration process and restoring lost elasticity of the affected area, thus enhancing its appearance naturally without any side effects. Start chewing 2 â€“ 3 green raw papaya leaves daily along with a half cup of milk to get better results within less period when compared to other conventional home remedies for treating white patches or spots on your skin caused due to vitiligo.
10) Cucumber: Cucumbers are the best natural ingredients that help heal the damaged cells of your body by strengthening the immune system and reducing itching sensation naturally without any side effects involved. It contains few essential substances such as curcumin, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, etc., which helps restore lost and damaged skin tissues inside your body, leading to a reduction in the appearance of white patches or spots on your skin brought about due to vitiligo.
11) Indigo: You should learn to use indigo dye from a skilled artist who can cover up much more area than you perfected with your white patches. That will be a lot cheaper and faster than other methods of treating vitiligo.
12)Red Clay: One of the best home remedies for curing vitiligo naturally is the usage of red clay. It has properties that absorb excess moisture from your body, thus providing relief from itching sensation and preventing white patches or spots on your skin caused due to vitiligo. The other beneficial property of red clay is that it helps in reducing inflammation and also increases the level of blood circulation in the affected area leading to a cure within a short period without any side effects involved. Soak a piece of cloth in warm water mixed with few drops of red clays (available easily from herbal stores) and apply it over the affected area for better results within less period when compared to other conventional treatments available out there.
13)Rose Water: Another good home remedy for curing vitiligo naturally is the usage of rose water. It contains several valuable ingredients such as tannins etc. which are good in healing damaged skin tissues without any side effects.
14) Sunscreen: The best way to protect your skin is to use sunscreen or sunblock daily. Sun exposure causes rapid skin pigment loss in people with vitiligo. Avoid sun exposure if you are experiencing vitiligo.
15) Massages with olive oil: Regular warm olive oil massage application over the affected area helps quicken the cell regeneration process. It restores lost elasticity in the affected area and curing naturally within a short period without any side effects involved at all.
16) Ginkgo Biloba: A lotion made out of “Ginkgo Biloba” Extract is very effective in treating vitiligo and reversing the depigmentation of white patches.
17) Walnuts: Walnuts are good home remedies for curing vitiligo naturally. It contains several valuable compounds such as Vitamin E, copper, potassium, etc., which help heal damaged skin tissues inside your body, reducing the appearance of white patches. Or spots on your skin caused due to vitiligo without any side effects involved at all. The polyphenol pigments in walnuts can help regulate the immune system and neutralize free radicals that cause disease.
18) Basil Leafs: Another best home remedies for curing vitiligo naturally are basil leaves. It is packed with antioxidants and other essential ingredients such as phenolic compounds, flavonoids, etc. It helps in reducing inflammation caused due to white patches or spots on your skin brought about by vitiligo.
19) Prevention Vitiligo: The best way to prevent vitiligo from spreading is to avoid stressful situations that may trigger it and use sunscreen or sunblock regularly.
20) Drink plenty of water: Drinking 7 â€“ 8 glasses of water daily help prevent dehydration and helps quicken the cell regeneration process, thus restoring lost elasticity of the affected area and curing naturally within a short period any side effects involved at all.
21) Diet and Lifestyle Changes: One of the best ways to cure vitiligo naturally is by making some minor changes in your diet and lifestyle. Vitamins B3, B5, B6, and various minerals help strengthen your immune system, thus helping prevent further progression of white patches or spots on your skin brought about due to vitiligo.
22) Reduce Stress: The best way to cure vitiligo naturally is by reducing stress. Stressful situations and circumstances can trigger rapid skin pigment loss in people with vitiligo. Make sure to get treatments like counselling, yoga, meditation, etc., to reduce stress levels as they are important reasons for triggering vitiligo.
23)Â Multivitamins:Â Taking multivitamins supplements regularly helps improve skin pigmentation. Add vitamin E enriched oils. Its antioxidant property helps strengthen your immune system, thus helping prevent further progression of white patches or spots on your skin due to vitiligo. Follow a diet enriched with vitamin-rich foods such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Vitamin D is also a very effective treatment for vitiligo.
24) Fish Oil Supplementation: Fish oil contains high levels of omega-three fatty acids, which have been proven to be highly effective in curing vitiligo. Small studies have shown that fish oil may delay or prevent the onset of white patches on the skin if taken regularly. Fish oil has a decisive anti-inflammatory action and antioxidants properties that help strengthen your immune system, thus helping prevent further progression of white patches or spots on your skin brought about due to vitiligo.
25) Licorice: is a very effective herb that helps prevent spots on the skin from becoming white patches or spots treated due to vitiligo. It contains ingredients like flavonoids, glycyrrhizin acid, choline, etc., which help prevent autoimmune disorders and other inflammatory conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, hypertension, high blood pressure, etc. It can be taken as capsules or tablets or made into tea for regular consumption and medical treatments.
Homeopathic Treatment for Vitiligo:
- Homeopathy also offers a lasting cure for vitiligo. Homeopathy aims to induce the body’s defences to achieve a self-healing action, thus helping prevent future attacks and help eliminate the existing condition.
- Homeopathy offers a wide range of natural remedies for vitiligo, which are safer and results-oriented treatments. It works on the principle that each person has particular symptoms caused due to various reasons.
- Homeopathic medicines help stimulate/strengthen your immune system, thus helping prevent further progression of white patches or spots on your skin brought about due to vitiligo.
- It also helps treat the symptoms faster, relieve pain and burning sensation, and helps in eradicating the underlying cause of vitiligo, etc.
- Homeopathic medicines can be taken along with other treatments or as an alternative therapy at home to get better results.
- Homeopathic ointments improve skin pigmentation, thus helping you get rid of spots on your skin due to vitiligo without any side effects involved at all. It can also be used in the treatment of other skin disorders like psoriasis, eczema, etc.
Home remedies can be very effective for vitiligo treatment.
It is always advised that before you start any new treatment method to cure vitiligo naturally at home, do check with your skin doctor or dermatologist. You can get rid of them fast and safely by using the remedies mentioned above along with a natural Homeopathic treatment. Professional medical advice or treatment is a must, so; you can book an appointment through OHO Homeopathy!