Share This Article
Skin is a more external part of the human being. It is also the boundary between what is more inside and what is just outside of our bodies. Skin doctors have their method for choosing remedies, which is very different from the traditional ones.
The main principle in homeopathy is to heal symptoms by giving a substance that will cause more similar symptoms but lower intensity. Therefore, skin symptoms are treated with different remedies. For example, if you have more pain on your skin, there might be Arsenicum album as a remedy; if you feel better when having warmth on the skin, Pulsatilla can be used; if you like cold weather and feel worse with sun exposure, Sulphur can be helpful, etc.
Let’s know first what is homeopathy:
Homeopathy (from the Greek homeos, similar and pathos, suffering) is a system of medicine invented about 200 years ago by Samuel Hahnemann. Living in Germany, he created this medical science after discovering that quinine can prevent malaria; however, quinine also causes powerful side effects. He tried to find another substance for curing malaria without causing side effects as quinine does.
Hahnemann discovered that natural substances could cure the same symptoms they evoke when overdosed (homeo = similar; pathos = suffer). For example, Arsenicum album or arsenious oxide (instead of poisonous arsenic), Phosphorus instead of Phosphorus, etc.
The most famous law in homeopathy is the “law of infinitesimal doses,” which means that the more you dilute, the higher your chances of curing.
There are three main principles:
– The law of similar (like cures like);
– Minimum dose;
– Individual susceptibility.
How homeopathic medicine is made:
The basic principle of homeopathy is to use the substance that will cause symptoms in a healthy person. Homeopaths do this by diluting a natural substance (‘the mother tincture’) in water or alcohol and shaking vigorously at each dilution stage. This process is called ‘potentiation.’
In theory, when you have diluted to one drop per milliliter is, it extremely unlikely there any molecules from the original substance could be present, but because Hahnemann believed that water had memory, he thought this medicine would still work. In other words, homeopaths believe if your remedy has been potentiated correctly, then it should always work.
What is the source of homeopathic medicine?
The source of homeopathic medicine is the same as conventional medicine. It can be minerals, plants, animals, or human parts. Homeopathy treats each remedy differently, so it is essential to choose the right one for each case.
How does homeopathy work?
Homeopathy works by stimulating your body’s natural healing abilities. The law of infinitesimal doses means that the higher number of times a remedy is diluted, the greater its potency and effect on the body: the more cut it is, the smaller the dose, and therefore side effects are kept to a minimum. A homeopathic doctor can choose from over 3000 medicines in his practice.
How does a homeopathic skin doctor choose the right remedy?
The main points homeopathy doctors consider choosing a homeopathic remedy for skincare:
The first thing is the complaint you are suffering from, i.e., what is your problem with your skin? Whether it is dryness, acne, or any other disease.
Location of skin ailment is also considered in homeopathy. For example, ulcers or wounds on the legs will be treated with different medicines than those in the head.
The cause of the complaint is also considered. For example, an injury will require different treatment than itchy rashes on the abdomen caused by food intolerance.
Lastly, homeopathic medicine considers the constitutional strength of a person, i.e., how strong he is, his age, eating habits, etc. For example, it wouldn’t be adequate to treat a child with medicines for adults.
Another factor that is considered is the modality of action of the medicine. For example, medications that improve dryness will be given for skin ailments caused by dryness, whereas medicines for moist conditions will be given for rashes due to heat.
Lastly, the individual susceptibility factor is taken into consideration, and homeopathic medicine tries to consider whether a treatment will be effective for this particular patient or not.
The following important is how long you have been affected by this problem? If it has occurred recently, it can easily be treated with remedies like Lycopodium, Mezereum, etc. Still, if there are chronic problems like eczema for many years, then more deep-rooted treatments might take time to treat them may be needed.
If any member of your family has suffered from similar complaints, then that disease or symptom can also be considered while treating you for your skin disorder at Homeopathy.
Time of aggravation:
Your skin complaint can get aggravated at certain times of the day or in given situations like after taking a shower, getting wet, when you are in the sun, etc. It’s important to note this for future reference.
Your age is also taken into consideration by most homeopathy doctors. For example, it would not be easy to treat a child with remedies meant for adults. Similarly, an older adult might need different treatment than given to a younger one.
Every complaint has a sensation that accompanies it, such as burning, pricking, pain, itching, etc.; this enables them to guess which medication would be suitable for you. For example, if someone has redness on her face with severe itching, she could fall under the Sulphur category. This will not only make the doctor choose the correct remedy but also.
The second thing that the homeopathy doctors consider is your personal history if you have suffered from any allergen in the past or are suffering from stress or not sleeping properly.
The third factor that plays a significant role in selecting homeopathic medicine for skin problems is a physical examination of the patient, e.g., checking pulse rate, blood pressure, etc., during a consultation with homeopathy doctors for skin disorders.
Another important point that influences choosing medicine is the patient’s emotional state at this time, i.e., how they feel physically and emotionally.
The fifth point is to know about the nature of your skin before starting the treatment with homeopathy doctors for skin problems. For example, in which season you sweat more, what color is your face in summer and which color it has in winter or spring etc.
Then homeopathy doctors make a diagnosis based on miasms. A patient may have Psora, Sycosis, or Syphilis as their basic pathological process. Other factors indicate the presence of a miasm, such as chronicity and locations where symptoms appear most frequently (areas affected by Tiberius and Anti-psoric remedies).
Some homeopaths give medicine to their patients for prevention. If the patient suffers from certain diseases, they give drugs to prevent them from getting this disease. But most homeopathic doctors follow the above guidelines when prescribing treatment with homeopathy for skin disorders.
Your doctor conducts a comprehensive consultation to understand the history of your illness, including what symptoms you are experiencing and how long you have been feeling this way. Your doctor will carefully examine your skin now to determine what is wrong. If possible, your doctor may also want to take photographs for future reference. Additionally, your doctor might order tests such as blood or urine analysis.
When to consider homeopathic treatment for skin:
- Skin complaints that are chronic like itching, rashes, warts, blackheads, etc.
- Skin problems that are unlikely to be cured by modern medicine like alopecia (baldness), vitiligo (loss of pigmentation in the skin), etc.
- Skin problems in which homeopathy can play a significant role like psoriasis (a prevalent inflammatory disease of the skin), eczema (dry, itchy spots on the skin), acne (inflamed lumps on face and neck caused by blockage of oil glands), etc.
- Skin diseases with complications such as ulcers, infections, or inflammations that need long-term care but cannot last for more than six weeks, moles, or warts that keep growing or changing their color.
- Skin diseases like psoriasis, acne, etc., where getting cured by allopathic treatment is very difficult, and also seeing various doctors for this disease takes some time to get some relief.
- Treatment of skin ailments in children where homeopathy has a significant role to play than allopathy because the former does not have any side-effect which can harm your child while the latter can affect them badly.
- If you are one of those who had tried treatments from various dermatologists but did not find any relief, then you should try homeopathic medicine for skin.
Why is it important to be treated by experienced homeopathy doctors for skin problems?
- It has already been mentioned that patients with chronic skin diseases are more likely to get cured by this branch of medicine than allopathic treatment. Thus, people who have suffered from various skin ailments over time should try homeopathic treatment to ensure getting cured without any side effects.
- Another reason behind trying homeopathic remedies for skin is that you don’t need to worry about wasting money or time on expensive and unnecessary tests/medication etc., which you get in the modern medicine system. All you need to do is just come to us and buy the medicine prescribed by our doctor after studying your complete case.
- While following homeopathic treatment for skin diseases, people must follow dietary guidelines like avoiding caffeine, chocolate, alcohol, smoking, etc. They may not see any improvement in their health condition. Thus, if you are already suffering from one particular disease (not only skin-related), you should follow these dietary rules too.
Frequency of appointments:
Your frequency of appointments will depend on the severity of your illness and how well you respond to homeopathic medicines that homeopathy doctors prescribe you. In general, patients have to visit their doctor four times a year initially, and then the frequency of visits is reduced to once in three or six months.
In homeopathic treatment for skin diseases, your doctor may prescribe you a mix of single and prescription medicines. The former will be used when the symptoms are mild in intensity, while the latter is given when symptoms are severe. It would help if you took both kinds of medication as prescribed by your homeopathy doctor.
Until now, people were going to dermatologists with minor skin problems, which could easily get cured with homeopathy treatment.
How to choose the right homeopathy doctor for you?
- When you search for homeopathy treatment for skin, make sure the doctor prescribing this cure is experienced enough in treating all kinds of skin diseases.
You should also check if they have received special training from a reputed institution on this subject or not so that diagnosis and prescriptions can be made better. If possible, get recommendations from your friends and family members because homeopathy doctors always treat their patients through word-of-mouth publicity which is a good thing.
- If you have any other queries regarding choosing the right homeopathy doctor for yourself to treat skin problems, feel free to contact us at “Homeopathic Treatment For Skin Diseases.” OHO Homeopathy will try our best to help you out with a solution!
“Everyone deserves a chance to get treated at the right place by experienced homeopathy doctors. It can be done if you are smart enough in choosing the best treatment center for yourself that is equipped with proper facilities and has a well-trained staff.”
You will get a registered homeopathic doctor on OHO Homeopathy who will open a way for your treatment and clearance of chronic skin problems. Book an appointment through OHO Homeopathy for more details.