Share This Article
Many of us do not take acne seriously. Wearing makeup, covering it up, and hoping it will go away is an approach many of us take when battling acne. Do you know that your acne can be a source of severe health problems apart from ruining the natural beauty of your face or causing scarring, which may cause adverse effects in the future? Would you have taken care of it better? Acne deserves more attention than what we give to it now. One major problem associated with acne is hormonal imbalance. Acne has been linked to hormone production in the body. The most common one being excess male hormones (androgens). Women who suffer from this kind of hormonal imbalance may experience excessive growth of hair on their face and body in addition to acne. Skin Doctors or dermatologists offer you the best solution for how to get rid of acne.
How do skin doctors or dermatologists diagnose acne?
Doctors inspect your face to determine if you have acne and estimate the severity of it. Before treatment is prescribed, other conditions are ruled out to prevent unnecessary medication, which may cause complications and side effects.
While speaking about getting rid of acne, one question remains unanswered; What causes acne?
- Hormones Androgens: Androgens are chemicals that control hair growth and sex drive in both men and women. These hormones are produced in the adrenal glands, ovaries, and testes. In both men and women, body hair growth is a by-product of the increased production of androgens. Like any other part of our bodies, the more we expose our skin to sunlight, the more it produces Vitamin D, which causes excess production of Androgens that spur the growth of acne on the face and body.
- Obesity: The higher apposition rate for obesity has been linked to hormonal imbalances that give rise to higher levels of excess male hormones causing severe acne than normal individuals who do not have such hormonal problems.
- Foods: Foods like sugar triggers excessive hormone production, especially if consumed together with caffeine or alcohol. Excessive consumption of sugar is a major cause of hormonal imbalance.
- Steroids: using steroids for cosmetic surgery, bodybuilding, or even prescribed by a doctor can affect the hormonal balance of your body and cause acne.
- Genetics: genetics also has its role in causing acne due to excess male hormone production, which causes severe acne that is more difficult to treat than normal individuals without any genetic history of acne.
Bottom line Don’t give up on finding how skin doctors help in treating acne because this will improve both your appearance and health in the long run and make you feel better about yourself, especially when you have people who love you surrounding you always! So please don’t blame yourself for suffering from such a condition; take an appropriate step that helps to solve it.
How do dermatologists or skin doctors treat acne?
Different dermatologists have different ways of treating acne. Some treat acne with medications; others use non-invasive procedures to get rid of it, while there are also skin doctors who combine the two in their treatment regimen for how to get rid of acne and achieve the best long-lasting results.
Here are some treatments dermatologists or skin doctors may apply when treating acne:
- Anti-acne medication: Prescribed by a doctor like doxycycline will help clear your face from any marks caused by severe acne on a particular area, but this only works if you take it regularly without missing doses. This is applied using an ointment base which quickly soaks into your skin after application.
- Topical ointments or creams: As discussed before, doxycycline is a typical skin doctor’s favourite treatment for taking care of acne. Another way doctors help patients with severe acne is by prescribing them creams that contain Isotretinoin. This anti-acne medication helps reduce oil production in the skin and also unclogs pores. Side effects are usually negligible if treated regularly. This can also cause congenital disabilities, so pregnant women are not advised to take this medicine.
- Skin procedures: Laser therapy, chemical peels, or microdermabrasion are skin procedures dermatologists use to restore a fresh, glowing complexion by smoothening fine lines and wrinkles. A part of this treatment is laser therapy which helps get rid of old pimples scars and prevent new ones from forming. Ultraviolet light is another form of acne treatment invented by Dermatologists or skin doctors.
When to see a dermatologist or skin doctor for acne?
You should be visiting a dermatologist if your acne condition worsens or when you have severe acne that may require more than just the conventional topical treatments. Dermatologists are also there to help people who suffer from medical conditions other than acne. The skin doctors will diagnose not only your face skin but your whole body. So, they can find out the root cause of your problem and give you a permanent solution to how to fix it by treating not only mild cases of acne but also moderate and severe ones, which may affect one’s self-esteem can make anyone feel down.
Valuable Tips for how does skin doctor deal with acne:
Here are some things you can do to solve this condition. First, you should eliminate any new acne-causing factors such as stress that can make your acne irritated and inflamed.
- Learn how to relax: This is important, and the more you practice it, the better it works. It would help if you were not overstressed, but do not put yourself under too much pressure either because this will also cause your acne condition to worsen out of proportion. When going through a stressful situation, take a break and remind yourself that everything will soon pass away in time.
- Practice proper skincare routine: Your daily skincare routine is essential for your healthy skin. To get rid of acne, if you continuously rub or touch your face with dirty hands, which often have bacteria on them, this can irritate your already inflamed pimples, making them even worse!
- Wash regularly using cold water: Wash your face using cold to warm water because hot water opens the pores increasing the likelihood of an acne breakout. Make sure you use a gentle cleanser that is not harsh on your skin and does not scrub too hard; this will only aggravate your condition.
- Â Avoid spicy foods: Spicy foods such as Mexican food and other dishes with chilies can increase the production of oil in our skin which may cause more breakouts and inflammation for getting rid of acne, especially if consumed regularly or frequently.
- Read labels when buying skin products: Some ingredients used in skincare products directly affect how well they cure acne conditions, like benzoyl peroxide, which kills bacteria causing pimples.
- Eat healthy food: If you want to get rid of acne fast, eat foods that will help heal your pimples more quickly. You can choose from fruits and vegetables or even drink smoothies which are all rich in Vitamin E, vitamin B, and zinc contents that are beneficial for your skin’s healing process. Green tea is also a good source of antioxidants, so try those if you need fresh ideas on what foods contain the essential nutrients for making your skin look better.
- Get adequate sleep: This is something not everyone who suffers from severe acne does, but getting enough rest helps repair your body, especially if you feel exhausted due to lack of sleep. But remember that it takes time before you can see specific results from your chosen acne treatment, so you should have a little patience.
- Change your pillow covers: Do not forget to change your pillowcases more often because dirty pillows may have bacteria in them. You can also use hypoallergenic pillows or, better yet, sleep on cotton for how to make skin less oily as long as it is lint-free.
- Stay away from alcohol: Too much alcohol dehydrates the body, causing a hormonal imbalance that triggers sebum production. This leads to severe acne conditions that are hard to get rid of no matter what type of topical treatments are applied or how many times a day you wash your face.
- Try eating fewer dairy products: Dairy products like cheese, milk, and other products with too much lactose can worsen your acne, so it is better to stick with foods rich in protein, such as chicken or lean beef. Also, drink plenty of water instead of juice or energy drinks because these contain excess sugar, eventually leading to more acne breakouts.
Acne is common, and skin doctors are there to help people who suffer from it (and many other types of conditions), so don’t waste time thinking you’re alone because we all have been through it before. Use effective treatments even if they cost a bit more than the usual ones for treating acne so that you will get rid of this condition fast and permanently. Finally, if you want to be confident in dealing with this condition, trust your dermatologist or skin doctor to help you find the best acne treatments available.
How much does a dermatologist or a skin doctor charge for acne treatment?
Acne treatments are not cheap, and many people think that dermatologists charge too much money from their patients for acne treatment, but this is far from the truth.
Acne treatments cost between Rs.500 to Rs.2000 per visit or session given by a dermatologist depending on length and kind of treatment. Dermatologists or skin doctors can be expensive, but it’s all worth it. If you notice any flaws, such as blemishes, consider seeing them immediately to avoid having scars or permanent marks on your face, which may embarrass you later in life.
How often should a person see their dermatologist?
You should see your doctor at least once or twice a month, especially if there is an active breakout or pimple on your face. To determine the severity of your case and how fast it heals, thus making them observe how well the prescribed topical or oral medications work on you.
How much time does it take to treat one case of acne?
If you are under treatment from your dermatologist or skin doctor and the breakout has just begun, you can expect clear skin in about 3-4 weeks, after which all the pimples will be gone, and they won’t come back anymore. If there are already scars on your face because of previous breakouts that haven’t healed completely, they might need up to 6 months, depending on how big the scar is before it heals completely.
Acne scars usually take longer to heal than actual pimples, so don’t worry or get frustrated if your skin is still not perfect after a month or two, it usually takes time to heal acne scars, and you have to be patient.
Is there any alternative acne treatment a skin doctor can advise?
- Yes, some acne treatments that a dermatologist or a skin doctor can advise other than the popular conventional ones available in the market. Homeopathy is one of the best treatments for acne treatment.
- Homeopathic acne treatment is different from conventional acne treatments because the homeopathic treatment uses natural ingredients while conventional ones rely on synthetically produced chemicals.
- Homeopathic remedies help treat the root cause of acne and allow the skin to heal so that new cells replace old ones. Also, it helps soften your skin making it less prone to acne.
- Homeopathic medicines are effective because they have antimicrobial, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties, making them a good alternative for conventional or synthetic drugs used to treat various skin conditions, including acne.
- Homeopathic acne medicine also helps to lighten scars and reduce the appearance of marks making them less visible.
- Your dermatologists or skin doctor can advise you to visit a homeopathic doctor for acne treatments. If conventional ones don’t work effectively or fast enough, they are safe to use and avoid most other synthetic drugs’ side effects on your skin.
- Homeopathic remedies for acne work best when taken simultaneously with a healthy diet that is nutritious like fruits, vegetables, fiber, vitamins A and B complex, zinc, and magnesium.This will help you heal faster once you start taking homeopathic medicine for acne treatment from your dermatologist or skin doctor because you’re treating the leading cause of your breakouts and nourishing your body with the natural nutrients it needs to survive.
You can visit a dermatologist or a skin doctor in case if you have acne. You can book an appointment through OHO Homeopathy now!