Share This Article
Psoriasis is a chronic, inflammatory autoimmune disease of the skin that affects approximately 2% to 3% of the population in temperate countries. This disease affects people of all ages, including children, and has a considerable socioeconomic impact by causing physical discomfort, reduced self-esteem, anxiety, or depression in patients. Homeopathy can be used both in acute psoriasis and in its remission phase. Psoriasis is a skin condition that requires a homeopathic cure the most. The course of the disease ranges from a few weeks to several years and varies depending on age and individual predisposition. Conventional treatment for psoriasis is topical or by systemic administration of drugs that suppress immune function.
Here we will understand the factors that affect the speed of homeopathic psoriasis treatment. The speed of homeopathic psoriasis treatment is affected by several factors, including:
- Age:Â The younger the patient’s age when starting homeopathic treatment, the better is its effect on psoriasis. Children who are given homeopathic treatment for their psoriasis recover much faster than adults.
- Duration of illness:Â The longer the disease duration in a patient who has psoriasis (determined by counting since last exacerbation), the less is the chance that he will benefit quickly with homeopathic treatment.
- Diet:Â Diet plays a vital role in the nature and severity of psoriatic lesions during homeopathic treatment. A diet rich in grains such as wheat and oats can aggravate psoriatic lesions, while a diet rich in proteins like dairy products, meat, and fish can reduce its severity. Thus it is advisable to consult a homeopathy doctor before altering your dietary habits based on your experience with homeopathy.
- Environment factors:External factors like environmental changes during winter aggravate psoriasis. In such cases, homeopathic treatment may take a few more days to show its effect on psoriasis.
- Other diseases:If a person is suffering from any other illness along with psoriasis, the time taken for improvement will depend upon how severe their condition was and whether s/he is getting adequate treatment for that other disease or not.
- Medical history:Â A patient’s medical history plays a crucial role in determining the speed of homeopathy psoriasis treatment. Patients themselves cannot control this factor. Some people develop resistance against some drugs after long-term use, which may slow down your homeopathic cure process.
- Too many medicines at one time:Â Many people take more than one medicine for psoriasis. This can slow down the process of homeopathic treatment. It is advisable to take only one medicine at a time to get the best results from your homeopathic cure.
- Patient’s environment:Â In cases where a patient’s surroundings are hygienic and clean, improvement may occur two to three times faster than a person who lives in unhygienic conditions.
- You are using antidotes: If you are using antidotes to your disease, then the speed of improvement will be slow. Homeopathy is a curative system of medicine, and antidotes are not used in homeopathic treatment. Thus if homeopathy has worked on your psoriasis, it means that it has cured you completely.
- You are having coffee:Â Drinking coffee and other caffeinated drinks reduces the speed of improvement. Drinking alcohol also slows down the process of homeopathic psoriasis treatment.
- Time of taking medicine:if you are not taking your medication on time and delaying it for a few hours, then the speed of homeopathic treatment will be slower. The medicine works on your body only when you take it on time.
- Pausing or stopping homeopathic treatment:Â There can also be some cases where patients stop their psoriasis treatment and later resume, which has affected their speed of recovery from psoriasis.
- Camphor:Â One factor that affects the speed of homeopathic psoriasis treatment is when you are taking camphor. Homeopathic medicines like cactus, arnica, sulphur, and sabadilla increase sensitivity to camphor in some people leading to increased aggravation or worsening psoriatic lesions during homeopathic treatment.
- You are using corticosteroids:Â If you use topical steroids or any other medicine containing corticosteroids on your skin, improvement will become slower than usual. It is advisable to consult your homeopathy doctor before using topical steroids on the skin while undergoing homeopathic treatment.
- You are taking certain medicines:Some prescribed drugs slow down the speed of improvement during homeopathic psoriasis treatment. These include minoxidil, beta-blockers, lithium drugs, and calcium channel blockers. If you are taking any of these medicines regularly, you should tell your doctor to prescribe alternate medication for you.
- Your medicine has lost its potency:Many people do not understand that the effectiveness of a drug decreases after it has completed its course. Thus they try to prolong their treatment unnecessarily. Ascertaining whether your psoriasis treatment is complete or not can only be done by an experienced homeopathy doctor, and therefore you should follow his instructions carefully. You may stop getting improvement after this point, but this does not mean that your medication was stopped early as your body had still not been cured completely.
- Thus it can be concluded that many factors affect the speed of homeopathic psoriasis treatment. Some are controllable by you while others are not. You can control elements like taking your medicine on time, drinking a good amount of water, maintaining cleanliness, etc. However, there are some factors that you cannot control, like genetic makeup, resistance to drugs after long-term use, environmental conditions, etc. Thus you should follow your homeopathy doctor’s advice exactly and do not try to change anything on your own as this may affect the speed of improvement in your psoriasis treatment.
How to get optimum results from homeopathic psoriasis treatment?
- Keep your medicine correctly:Â
Avoid keeping your medicine in direct sunlight or damp conditions. Keep your drugs away from heat, moisture, and excessive cold too. You should also avoidÂ strong-smelling perfumes, essential oils, body or hair care products, or magnetic radiation (cell phone, microwave, refrigerator).
- Take your medicine as advised by a homeopathy doctor:
General guidelines for taking a homeopathic remedy include avoiding eating, smoking, drinking, chewing gum, and brushing your teeth just before or after taking medicine. You should take your homeopathic medicine 30 minutes before a meal or at least one-half hour after. You should take your medicine even if you are not experiencing any symptoms or discomfort. Also, your mouth should be odor-free.
- Follow a proper diet:
Eating healthy food is very important in treating any disease, and psoriasis is not an exception to that rule. Eat fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat, cereals, sprouts, etc., daily. Restrict the intake of fatty and spicy foods, junk food, cola drinks, and caffeine to reduce the chances of aggravation. It would help decrease your intake of tea, coffee, and alcohol during psoriasis treatment. Otherwise, you will not get optimum results from homeopathic treatment for psoriasis.
- Reduce stress:
You should also take steps to reduce stress and anxiety as stress can further aggravate psoriasis symptoms. A few days of relaxation, hot baths, meditation, etc., will go a long way in helping you get rid of stress.
- No interference with other medicine:
It is important to tell your homeopathy doctor about all the medicines you are currently taking, even over-the-counter and prescription drugs. This includes herbal supplements, vitamins, and minerals too. Avoid using hydrogen peroxide on psoriasis affected areas as this can further aggravate your condition
- Avoid topical corticosteroids:
As topical corticosteroids tend to suppress the symptoms of psoriasis, you should avoid their usage altogether. This is because they can lead to rebound flares and aggravation of your condition.
- Protect yourself:
Your doctor might also suggest protecting yourself from the sun and other environmental conditions like wind and cold weather that can worsen your psoriasis symptoms. If this is not possible, then it would be better to use clothes that cover your affected area adequately and completely whenever you go out in such environmental conditions
- Regular follow-up:
Finally, don’t forget to visit your doctor every month or two so he can check whether homeopathic treatment for psoriasis is working well or not and whether you need any changes in dosage or medicine type.
- Visit a registered homeopathy doctor:
It would help if you visited a registered and experienced homeopathy doctor to get the best results from your psoriasis treatment. There are many online sites where you can find the best homeopathy doctors in your city. You can use reliable sites like OHO Homeopathy.
How long does it take for homeopathic psoriasis treatments to work?
There is no specific time as such given by any studies or research papers on homeopathy. It varies from person to person depending on their disease condition, age, other diseases, physical and mental status, etc. However, it usually takes around 3-4 weeks to show signs of improvement in your disease capacity, but maximum patients experience relief by 8-10 days after starting with a particular medicine prescribed by your homeopathy doctor. The treatment course will be needed until all the symptoms and complaints of the patient vanish entirely away.
Are there any tips to prevent psoriasis along with homeopathic psoriasis treatment?
Yes, you can take certain precautions like:
Avoid Smoking:Â Smoking is considered to be one of the significant causes of psoriasis. This is because when you smoke, it affects your immune system and makes your condition worse.
Avoid Sweets:Â Eating sweets also leads to psoriasis flare-ups, so it is advisable not to overeat sweet stuff like chocolates, ice cream, pastries, etc., during your treatment course with homeopathy.
Avoid Stress:Â Try not to get stressed out in life, as stress can worsen your psoriasis symptoms and flare-ups over some time. So try and take steps towards improving your lifestyle and reducing stress levels for successful results from homeopathic treatment for psoriasis.
Avoid Alcohol:Â Even though there is no direct link between psoriasis and alcohol, it is advisable not to drink or take alcoholic beverages as they affect your immune system’s liver function.
Protect yourself from the sun:Â Exposure to the sun can worsen your psoriasis symptoms, so you should avoid getting too much sun exposure, especially during the morning hours. You should wear protective clothing like a hat or cap, sunglasses, etc., so that you don’t worry about your psoriasis condition anymore.
Take proper care of yourself:Â It is also essential to lead a healthy life during this time because homeopathic treatment for psoriasis can help if taken with complete trust and faith on doctors’ orders followed religiously without negligence for best results.
How do I know if my homeopathic treatment for psoriasis is working?
Once your homeopathy doctor has prescribed a particular medicine, it shows definite signs of improvement within 15 days in most cases, but again there are no hard and fast rules here. It could vary from person to person and their disease condition, so it is better to follow your homeopathy doctor’s advice and take medicine as prescribed for you.
What are the benefits of using the homeopathic treatment for psoriasis?
- There is no side effect, so you can enjoy homeopathic treatment for psoriasis without any fear of getting harmed.
- Most people get relieved by using this natural alternative treatment to enjoy their life free of pain and itchiness easily.
- It is safe to use the medicine during pregnancy as it is completely harmless with no adverse effects on your baby or yourself during that time.
- Homeopathic treatment for psoriasis treats the root cause and symptoms like other conventional medicines available on the market.
- It reduces the severity and intensity of your psoriasis condition, so you feel healthy and normal after all illness is completely gone with homeopathic treatment for psoriasis.
- You can avoid side effects from other chemical or surgical treatments. This is a natural way to deal with such problems without harming your body during long-term usage for best results at affordable costs.
- It improves health overall as it boosts up the immune system that helps you fight against diseases easily without worrying about those aches and pains that irritate you every day during those stressful life occasions. Your everyday routine activities badly lead to a healthy lifestyle.
- You can stop worrying about your psoriasis problem and enjoy life to the fullest without any fear of recurrences and flare-ups with long-term benefits from homeopathic treatment for psoriasis that works at minimal costs without spending much time on your part in doctors’ visits, etc. which might be expensive for some people or not feasible financially.
You require well-planned action before getting affected by this common disease condition. For more information, you can book an appointment with a homeopathy doctor through OHO Homeopathy!