Share This Article
Acne is a skin condition that arises due to the clogging of skin pores. Acne generally occurs on your face, neck, chest, and back. It can be both painful and embarrassing. Most of the time, we wonder how to prevent acne. The leading cause of acne is hormonal imbalance. 90% of all teenage cases tend to be caused by the excessive production of the male hormone testosterone. As this hormone flows through your blood, it tends to cling to your pores, thus speeding up sebum production and acne. This perfect combination leads you right in to where you do not want to go – acne-prone skin! Other than hormones, other factors could lead you towards this problem, such as stress, genetics, malnutrition, or lack of hygiene.
Some things that can help you to prevent acne:
1. Use a scrub: Using scrubs can be very effective in getting rid of those tiny pimples which often show up as an aftermath of the previous acne on your skin. Scrubs open up skin pores and remove dead skin cells as well as dirt from your face gently without damaging it further. Also, avoid harsh scrubs since they may cause more harm than good. There are several natural remedies available to make homemade facial scrubs for acne-prone skin:
2. Stop touching: We all touch our faces, and we hardly realize we do so! Try to stop this action from now onwards, or at least reduce its frequency drastically until you get rid of acne. Also, do not rub your face against any surface as it is an easy way to spread bacteria.
3. Use a moisturizer: As acne tends to leave your skin dry, so there are high chances for you to get another breakout in the form of new pimples after losing all the oil from your skin due to frequent washing. It would help if you used a good-quality moisturizer every time after cleaning your face with mild cleansers.
4. Keep stress away: Stress is one major factor that triggers hormonal imbalance, which leads to everything that results in acne formation on different parts of our body, including the back, chest, neck, etcetera. So if you have been trying hard to get rid of your acne, then stress is the last thing you need to deal with. Find ways of reducing stress levels like techniques of meditation, yoga, etc. It will be helpful for you to reduce the overall load of your mind and improve your skin tone.
5. Use natural products: As far as possible, avoid using products that are full of chemicals since they can do more harm than good. Always make sure to research different ingredients before buying products meant for skin treatment. Some people tend to use harsh products on their face thinking it will help reduce acne; however, these ingredients may cause breakouts in the long run too! Try using tea tree oil or rosehip oil, which are gentle yet very effective in treating acne scars effectively. Avoid applying products that are full of parabens or sulfates. Also, try to use natural organic products that are better for your skin in the long run.
6. Take enough sleep: It has been found that lack of sleep may also lead to acne due to hormonal imbalance again. So make sure you get at least 7-8 hours of peaceful slumber every night before going to bed if you want to reduce the chances of getting pimples.
7. Control oily hair: Most people who do not know how to prevent acne pay attention only to their face, leaving other parts exposed to acne formation. However, they need to understand that they have to focus on their entire body as acne can occur anywhere, including the back, chest, neck, shoulder, etc. So guys, pay attention to your head too! Make sure that you wash your hair at least twice a week with tea tree oil-based herbal shampoo since it’s suitable for treating acne along with dandruff problems.
8. Use apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has potent anti-bacterial properties, making it an effective natural cure for acne. You can use ACV to make toner or mix it in water and use it as a face wash to quickly treat the problem of acne. Mix one part of ACV with three pieces of water and use this mixture to rinse your face after washing it every night before going to bed. Do not apply ACV directly on your skin, as it may leave your skin dry. Be patient and give it time to work for you!
9. Do not pop pimples: This is probably the worst thing that people usually do when they get pimples on their face or anywhere else since hard squeezing of pimples leaves behind scars that will haunt you for many years later! Even if you try so hard using home remedies, nothing works unless this habit changes. So guys, please stop popping pimples!
10. Avoid eating junk food: It has been proven that tons of junk food trigger hormonal imbalance in our body, leading to excess sebum on the skin, leading to acne breakout. So guys, try to keep yourself away from fried food items like fries, etcetera (deep-fried items tend to be unhealthy since most of them are high in saturated fats). Also, avoid drinking soda drinks that may contain artificial sweeteners and preservatives.
11. Drink lots of water: There is nothing wrong with people who drink 6-7 glasses of water every day. It’s good for your overall health (skin included) since it helps you flush out impurities from your body along with flushing out extra oils accumulated in your pores. This way, there are lesser chances of acne since your skin is not getting clogged up.
12. Use skin toner after washing your face: After washing your face every night, use a skin toner to tighten up your pores so that there is no chance of dirt and grime accumulating again inside the pores, causing breakouts. Always prefer using products with witch hazel or aloe vera extracts for this purpose. It will be helpful too in reducing redness on cheeks caused by pimples.
13. Use an egg white mask once a week: I have tried this home remedy myself, and it worked wonderfully! Try using raw egg white as a face pack once a week to tighten your pores, effectively removing all dirt, etc., accumulated on your face surface without any side effects. Be sure not to touch the raw white of egg if your skin is sensitive or you have open wounds on the face since it may lead to infection.
14. Use the homemade mask once a week: Make a mud mask at home using Oats, Aloe Vera gel, honey, etcetera for effective treatment. Mix all these three and apply on affected areas leaving it overnight before washing it off in the morning with water. Don’t forget to use tea tree oil-based shampoo too!
15. Eat fruits rich in Vitamin C: Fruits are good for your health period. But certain fruits are packed with loads of anti-oxidants which help us fight against acne-causing free radicals effectively. Vitamin C-rich fruits include oranges, limes, etcetera which also have high water content making them suitable for keeping your skin hydrated always.
16. Wear oil-free makeup: Make-up may look good, but it adds to the cause of acne formation if worn frequently. Always use oil-free makeup products which are suitable for your skin type. Also, try using a natural face pack twice a week made out of turmeric powder, milk and honey to clear the pores effectively.
17. Wear light clothes: Be sure to wear loose-fitting garments without any tight t-shirts, etcetera, since tight clothing tends to increase heat-trapping inside the body, making you sweat excessively, leading towards breakouts! Bacteria breed faster in a moist environment, so ensure not to take a shower immediately after playing games or exercising since sweat is usually trapped inside our body due to the lack of fresh air circulating all around you. So allow some time before taking a bath so that most of the sweat is released and the skin regains its natural cooling down effect.
18. Take a shower with warm water: Warm water helps proper blood circulation since it is suitable for overall health. So try taking a shower with warm water at least once daily to unclog your pores, effectively removing excess sebum from your face, which accumulates inside the pores due to dust particles, etcetera. This will also help you get rid of dead cells on the surface if they are clogging up your pores!
19. Use tea tree oil-based cleanser: Using tea tree oil-based cleanser will help you control acne without drying out your skin since tea tree oil can help prevent oxidative damage caused by free radicals by neutralizing them due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
20. Consume less junk food: Junk food adds weight and clogs up your system, making it harder for blood circulation to reach your skin’s surface, effectively leading to breakouts. So be sure to eat fruits instead of burgers, fries, etcetera weekly to maintain your skin’s health.
21. Follow a proper skincare regime: Be sure to cleanse, tone, and moisturize your face properly before going off to bed since this is the time that your body releases toxins into your face due to stress, etc., making it easier for pores accumulation on the surface leading towards breakouts. So cleansing, toning, and moisturizing will help maintain your skin condition, helping it stay healthy always!
22. Take multivitamin supplements daily: This is very important since taking multivitamins helps you regain the nutrients lost due to sweating during exercise resulting in acne formation. Hence be sure to take multivitamins regularly to maintain good nutrient intake for a healthy body inside out!
23. Eat foods containing omega-3 fatty acid: Omega 3 is a very effective fat that helps keep your skin smooth and hydrated, making it easier for the body to absorb oxygen. So be sure to eat fish regularly two times per week or consume food items rich in omega-three like chia seeds, flaxseeds, walnuts, etcetera since they are suitable for the overall health period!
24. Drink green tea: Green tea is very beneficial for the skin since it contains anti-inflammatory properties, which help in preventing oxidative damage by neutralizing free radicals to maintain good health. So be sure to drink green tea daily to get rid of acne naturally!
25. Take adequate sleep: This is also an excellent tip since sleeping helps in cell regeneration, so be sure to take a decent amount of sleep daily so that most of the work done during the daytime is repaired, leaving no space for defects that may lead towards breakouts! In addition, nighttime is when blood circulation moves towards internal organs for repair and detoxification, making it easier for pores on the surface to release all the toxins accumulated during the day since your immune system is very low at night! So taking proper sleep daily will also help you prevent acne naturally.
26. Seek professional advice: If all the above methods fail to prevent acne, then it’s time to consult a dermatologist for any medication or treatment personally. Every person reacts differently to treatments, so professional guidance is always better. You can also visit a homeopathy doctor for natural acne treatment. A homeopathy doctor will give you the most suitable homeopathic treatment for your condition.
So these are some natural ways by which you can prevent acne without much hassle. Also, remember that acne may look bad but try not to pop them since they heal faster when left alone, and popping leads towards scars plus reduces the effectiveness of any treatment applied on it since it’s open wounds now! You can book an appointment for your acne treatment through OHO Homeopathy!