Share This Article
The rainy season offers much-needed relief from the sizzling summer heat. But it could affect your skin health. The increased humidity can cause various skin infections. Read on to know more about some of the well-known skin problems (à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤šà¤¾ à¤°à¥‹à¤—)in the rainy season.
- Acne(à¤®à¥à¤à¤¹à¤¾à¤¸à¥‡): Pimples (à¤ªà¤¿à¤‚à¤ªà¤²) that are red and swollen are referred to as inflammatory acne. Depending on your skin type, the skincare routine that you need to follow during the rainy season will vary. The extreme secretion of oil from the skin can lead to pimples(à¤ªà¤¿à¤‚à¤ªà¤²). Hence, use natural oil-free soaps/face wash.
- Eczema (à¤à¤•à¥à¤œà¤¿à¤®à¤¾): Eczema is more likely to occur during the monsoon season? The rainy season causes itching, rashes and redness on the skin. In many cases, it also causes skin irritation. People with sensitive skin have a higher chance of getting an eczema rash (à¤à¤•à¥à¤œà¤¿à¤®à¤¾ à¤°à¥ˆà¤¶).
- Dry skin (à¤¶à¥à¤·à¥à¤• à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤šà¤¾): If you have dry skin, you might have rashes, flaking and itchiness. Apply a good moisturizer daily and refrain from using strong lotions with chemicals as these can increase skin dryness and cause a rash.
- Tinea fungal infections(à¤«à¤‚à¤—à¤² à¤‡à¤¨à¥à¤«à¥‡à¤•à¥à¤¶à¤¨): These include highly infectious and itchy skin problems like ringworm and a flaky or itchy scalp (tinea capitis).
- Folliculitis (à¤¬à¤¾à¤²à¤¤à¥‹à¤¡à¤¼): It is a bacterial or fungal infection of the hair follicle. At first, it might look like small red bumps or white-headed pimples around hair follicles. The infection can spread and turn into nonhealing, crusty sores. It can be itchy, sore and embarrassing.
- Ringworm: It is usually identified by a red ring-shaped infection on the skin; hence it is called If scratched, it can be accompanied by minute eruptions on the skin. And can lead to oozing. It is a very contagious fungal infection(à¤«à¤‚à¤—à¤² à¤‡à¤¨à¥à¤«à¥‡à¤•à¥à¤¶à¤¨) that at times can spread to the scalp.
- Scabies: It is a monsoon skin disease caused by tiny microscopic bugs. These insects float on the skin for months. They burrow in the cuticle to lay eggs. This causes immense uncontrollable itching. This, in turn, can cause It is a highly dangerous infection and can spread through close contact with a person who has scabies.
Skincare tips to encounter skin problems faced in rainy season
- Keep your body dry: Use umbrellas and raincoats when going out in rains. If caught in unexpected showers, dry yourself as soon as possible. Change wet undergarments and clothes as soon as possible.
- Switch over to cotton clothes and undergarments: This can allow body to breathe. Wear full sleeved clothes to avoid mosquito bites in rainy season.
- Avoid wearing leather, plastic or canvas shoes: Itâ€™s better to wear slippers or sandals as they let your feet breathe. If you are wearing shoes, then apply anti-fungal powder on foot to avoid infection.
- Try not to keep your nails long during the rainy season: Long nails promote fungal infection on feet.
- Always wash your feet thoroughly: After wading through stagnant water, dry them completely.
- Scrub your face twice a week: Use a face scrub twice a week to exfoliate dead cells.
- Do not skip sunscreens: When weather is cloudy, your skin is still unprotected from harmful ultraviolet rays of sun. So, before you step outside during the day, apply a sunscreen with at least SPF 15.
- Avoid heavy moisturizing creams or oily foundations: Use a light mousse or a matte compact or simply a few drops of tinted moisturizer as a makeup base.
- Use non-comedogenic products: If you have oily skin, use non-comedogenic water-based makeup.
- Apply moisturizer frequently: Even though oily skin is the main problem in humid rainy season, some people feel dry and dehydrated skin in rainy season, especially those with dry skin. In such cases, apply moisturizer frequently.
- Follow a balanced diet: Eat nutrient-rich diet in fruits and vegetables. Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily to maintain a glowing skin.
Treatment for skin problems (à¤¸à¥à¤•à¤¿à¤¨ à¤ªà¥à¤°à¥‰à¤¬à¥à¤²à¤® à¤Ÿà¥à¤°à¥€à¤Ÿà¤®à¥‡à¤‚à¤Ÿ)
Itâ€™s normal to look for skincare tips (à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤šà¤¾ à¤¦à¥‡à¤–à¤à¤¾à¤² à¤¸à¤®à¥à¤¬à¤¨à¥à¤§à¥€ à¤Ÿà¤¿à¤ªà¥à¤¸)Â on the internet, in magazines, on social media, etc. You may buy expensive skin products. Some of you spend a lot on the best skin treatments (à¤¬à¥‡à¤¸à¥à¤Ÿ à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤šà¤¾ à¤‰à¤ªà¤šà¤¾à¤°) available in the market. Nevertheless, all these options might offer only temporary relief. In some cases, they can even aggravate your skin problems.
Homeopathic treatment for skin problems
When it comes to your skin, it is advisable to use a natural skin treatment (à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¾à¤•à¥ƒà¤¤à¤¿à¤• à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤šà¤¾ à¤‰à¤ªà¤šà¤¾à¤°). Homeopathy medicines(à¤¹à¥‹à¤®à¥à¤¯à¥‹à¤ªà¥ˆà¤¥à¤¿à¤• à¤‰à¤ªà¤šà¤¾à¤°) are sourced from natural ingredients and hence, these have no side-effects. You can visit Dr Batras homeopathy clinic if you are looking for the best homeopathic treatment. The best part about Dr Batras homeopathic skin treatment(à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤šà¤¾ à¤‰à¤ªà¤šà¤¾à¤°) is that it does not suppress the symptoms. But it treats the skin problems (à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤šà¤¾ à¤°à¥‹à¤—) from the root. Thus, it provides long-term relief. Dr Batras Homeopathic skin treatment helps bring down the likelihood of the recurrence of symptoms and improves your overall skin health.
A study talks about how homeopathy helped to treat chronic skin problems(à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤šà¤¾ à¤°à¥‹à¤—). 204 patients with chronic skin problems were assessed. 125 patients received homeopathic skin treatment (à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤šà¤¾ à¤‰à¤ªà¤šà¤¾à¤°)and 79 patients received conventional treatment. The study found that the treatment of chronic skin diseases(à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤šà¤¾ à¤°à¥‹à¤—) with homeopathic remedies (à¤¹à¥‹à¤®à¥à¤¯à¥‹à¤ªà¥ˆà¤¥à¤¿à¤• à¤‰à¤ªà¤šà¤¾à¤°) is safer and more satisfactory to the patient when compared to conventional medication. After 2 years of homeopathic skin treatment, they observed improvement in the overall quality of life and general skin health. (Source: European Journal of Integrative Medicine)
At OHO Homeopathy, we have the experience and expertise of treating over 1 lakh patients successfully over the past 35 years. We ensure our patients have safe solutions for their skin problems (à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤šà¤¾ à¤°à¥‹à¤—). We provide comprehensive and customized skin solutions with the goodness of homeopathy. We address the primary emotional triggers like stress and depression that are often seen in several patients with skin problems(à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤šà¤¾ à¤°à¥‹à¤—). Thus, our homeopathic skin treatment goes a step further and re-integrates the patient into normal life.
To get a customized skin treatment plan, book an online appointment with us.