Share This Article
Hair loss is one of the common problems worldwide; affecting most of the population. Everyone loses 100 strands of hair everyday but when you start to notice more than 100 strands of hair, then definitely it points out to certain issue. Many factors can lad to hair loss in both men and women. From hormonal changes to medications and environmental factors, hair fall can be triggered by many other reasons. Hair fall is a process that may differ from person to person. For some, it can be gradual, while others may experience sudden loosening of hair and patches of baldness all over their head. It is a natural phenomenon; so, there’s is no need to worry over a few follicles falling off. There could be many causes of hair loss which include diet, mineral deficiency, medications, stress, pollution and genetics. If you are much worried about your hair, then you should know that there is treatment for hair loss which is available, that leads to hair fall control in an effective manner by the hair specialists. Here we are going to mention some tips to avoid hair fall in 2021 that will not only help you to cope up with the hair loss but also provides you with the hair fall treatment which is easy to follow.
- A final rinse with soft water.
Use special water as a finishing rinse (such as water treated by your RO water purifier) to maintain the pH balance of your scalp and remove the hardness. This is especially useful if you are living in a place where the tap water is hard.
- Use a microfiber cloth to dry your hair (Gently).
Investing in a microfiber towel is one of the best things you can do for your hair. It helps in soaking the water and drying the hair faster with minimum friction ensuring that the hair fall is lesser, as compared to when you are using a regular towel.
- De-stress – Lifestyle changes to reduce stress.
Studies in the past have found medical evidence to link stress with hair loss. You must “de-stress” yourself. One of the ways of doing it is by practicing meditation and yoga which not only reduces stress but restores hormonal balance too.
- Be gentle with your hair.
Use a wide-toothed comb while brushing and combing the hair initially. It will help to prevent pulling out of the hair. Limit the tension on hair from styles that use rubber bands, braids etc.
- Avoid brushing wet hair.
When your hair is wet, it is in its weakest state. One must avoid brushing wet hair as the possibility of hair loss increases. In case you cannot avoid must comb wet hair, use a very wide-toothed comb. Sometimes, you can use your fingers to undo tangles, not a comb or a brush.
- Avoid brushing too frequently.
Yes, continuously stroking the scalp will increase the blood flow (up to an extent) but you must avoid brushing hair too frequently as doing so can injure the hair and increase loss.
- Have a nutritious, well-Balanced diet.
Eating a nutritious diet that includes proteins and certain vitamins and minerals is essential for good hair health. To know more about the best foods to consume for healthy hair, you can check out this article.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
One-fourth of the hair shaft is made up of water. Have at least eight glasses of water in a day to stay hydrated and for the growth of healthy hair.
- Wash your scalp regularly.
Washing your scalp regularly, three times a week and using a good dermatologist-recommended shampoo for cleansing the scalp is beneficial for healthy hair. Use a gentle shampoo and wash your scalp in gentle circular motions. If you have an oily or itchy scalp, you can consult your dermatologist who can recommend a proper hair care routine suited for you.
- Hot water, warm water or cold water?
Initially, begin with warm water (not boiling hot which damages the hair). That will help the pores open up and help you get rid of any dirt or build-up more effectively. Then, reduce the temperature of your shower to lukewarm water when you apply shampoo and finally to cool water when you apply conditioner. Rinse your hair with cold water for your final rinse to seal the hair’s moisture. Coldwater also closes the cuticles, which adds shine to your hair. If adjusting the temperature is not possible then using lukewarm or cold water is ideal.
- Know what is bad for hair
If you want to keep your hair healthy, you must know how to take care of them.
- Avoid rubbing your hair dry with a towel.
- Rather, let hair dry naturally (air dry).
- Avoid Thermal Damage by Hair Dryer.
If you must use a hairdryer then it is better to use the cold air setting rather than hot air which can damage the hair.
- Avoid Constant heating & drying
Don’t subject your hair to frequent, constant heating and drying procedures. Heat weakens hair proteins, and constant heating and drying can lead to weakness and fragility that causes hair loss.
- Keep your head sweat-free.
Men with oily hair, experience dandruff during summer due to sweating and the chances of hair fall increases. Using medicated shampoos can keep the head cool and prevent dandruff. Men who wear helmet sometimes experience hair loss in summer as the sweat accumulates in the pores and weakens hair roots causing hair loss in men. So wearing a scarf/ bandanna over your hair or a headband can help by absorbing the sweat.
- Do not tie your hair during monsoon.
To avoid damage to the hair, wet hair should not be tied. Keeping that in mind, it is advisable that hair not be tied at all during monsoons. If the hair is tied when it gets wet in the rain, severe hair fall may occur as the hair is weakest then. Instead, one can use a clip to secure the hair if needed.
- The minimalistic approach during monsoons.
During monsoons, the humid atmosphere can interact with the hydrogen bonds of your hair and cause it to swell up and become frizzy, wavy and prone to breakage. It is advisable to keep your hair routine to a minimum. Do not use any hair products like gel, mousse etc. during the rainy season. Another thing to remember is to wash your hair if it gets wet in the rain, then shampoo it, cleanse your scalp and dry it nicely.
Coconut oil is well suited for hair. Apply oil on the hair shafts and ends. People with oily scalp should not apply oil on the scalps. You can leave it on overnight and wash it off the next morning with a shampoo.
- Avoid harsh chemicals.
Harsh chemicals and permanent hair color products could be damaging for your hair. When you are experiencing hair loss, it is advised not to color your hair or undergo any chemical treatments.
- Reduce alcoholic beverages.
If you are experiencing hair loss then decrease your alcohol intake because drinking alcohol can impair the absorption of essential vitamins and thereby cause a reduction in hair growth.
- Avoid smoking.
Smoking cigarettes reduces the amount of blood that flows to the scalp and this may cause a reduction in hair growth. Some studies also show an association between smoking and baldness in men and women.
These are some of the tips to follow to avoid hair fall. Once you start to follow these tips, you will notice changes slowly. You need to have patience because any hair fall treatment won’t show the results immediately but will take time and will be effective for sure. Homeopathy is one of the best hair fall treatments to go with apart from these tips.
Homeopathic treatment for hair fall
Hair fall treatment in homeopathy is one of the best and safest treatment to go with. Various hair loss treatments differ from each other but this one is unique and most of the people prefer this treatment. Homeopathic medicine for hair loss is natural and is free from any toxic side effects as it is made up of from natural substances such as plants, minerals and animals. Homeopathy focuses on the root cause of the problem and helps in the hair fall treatment. Homeopathy treats each individual as unique and takes into the account the physical, the mental and the emotional factor of the patient. It cures the disturbance of the person rather than just the symptoms of the disease. Once properly treated with homeopathy, the disease generally never reoccurs. People usually prefer homeopathy for hair fall treatment because it not only provides long-term relief but also provides with long-lasting results.
The most common homeopathic remedy for hair loss in females and males are as follows –
- Phosphorous: Another tried and tested hair growth enhancer is phosphorous. People who have baldness in patches and lose hair in clumps are benefitted by this homeopathic medicine. People who suffer from minor scalp ailments or those who lose hair due to excess dandruff are also prescribed this drug by their homeopath.
- Kalium Sulphuricum: Hair loss due to flaky dandruff is treated with Kalium Sulphuricum and it is available in tablet and liquid form. It contains some amounts of sulphur and hence shouldn’t be overused. It is generally prescribed for twice day application. Generally, it isn’t recommended in excess and its use should be stopped after two weeks. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
- Lycopodium: Premature baldness shows a dramatically marked response to the use of this miracle homeopathic drug. Women suffering from post-partum hair loss also benefit a lot from using Lycopodium. It is formed from the distillation of evergreen plant spores, such as club moss.
- Natrum Muriaticum: Table salt (sodium chloride) is used to prepare this homeopathic medicine. Natrum Muriaticum is especially beneficial when dry crusts form on the scalp and dandruff is the primary reason for hair loss. It even helps when hair fall is triggered by menstrual problems or any skin disorder. This homeopathic remedy is also effective in treating hormonal imbalance-related hair loss. Emotional and sensitive people are generally prescribed this drug by their homeopaths.
- Silicea: It is very commonly used and is processed from sandstones and human tissues. It strengthens the hair and reduces dryness by giving essential nourishment to the hair follicles. It is a very good growth enhancer.
- Kalium Carbonicum: It is made from compounds which the Egyptians used in glass preparation and is another effective homeopathic medicine. It stops the thinning of hair and reduces its brittleness as well. This in turn increases hair growth.
- Fluoric acid: Fluoric acid is one of the best homeopathic medicines for hair loss and is highly recommended in treating patients who are having hair loss in spots (alopecia areata). Fluoric acid will help in the regrowth of the hair. It is also very helpful in hair loss that occurs after a fever such as typhoid. It is prescribed in cases when hair is dry, tangles easily and breaks off.
- Thuja Occidentalis: For hair loss due to dry, white, scaly dandruff, then Thuja is the best remedy. This remedy is prescribed for dryness and thinning hair. This helps in hair growth and makes it lusters.
These are some of the most common homeopathic remedies that are prescribed by the homeopathy doctor in order to control the hair fall and also enhances hair regrowth. Hair fall treatment in homeopathy not only promotes the hair growth but also at the same time, helps the patient to deal with the condition. With the customized hair fall treatment plan by the homeopaths at OHO Homeopathy, now one can relax and make sure that they are not dealing with the issues that is having a negative impact on their health. Because at OHO Homeopathy, hair fall treatment plan is prescribed to the patient which suits them and also gives them the desired results. Hair is an accessory to all that symbolizes confidence and getting your hair back is one of the best things that you’ll ever get through homeopathy treatment.