Share This Article
Dermatologists may prescribe drugs containing steroids or immunosuppressants for this condition. However, these are expensive and have side effects that are not desirable in the long run. Eczema is a condition characterized by inflamed and itchy skin. Also called atopic dermatitis, it is common among young children. Although it is not a life-threatening condition, people suffering from eczema often have to deal with the daily discomfort of this problem. Let’s know about eczema and its homeopathic treatment.
What is eczema?
Eczema is often referred to as atopic dermatitis. It is a condition wherein the skin becomes inflamed, red, and itchy. People suffering from eczema are also susceptible to having swollen eyelids, dry eyes, and even eye styes. Eczema can be found on any part of the body but commonly occurs around the face, behind knees and elbows, hands, ankles, etc.
People with eczema have an overactive immune system which causes them to produce antibodies that result in hypersensitive responses towards certain substances or products, including anything from cosmetics to food ingredients. These are called ‘allergens.’ Eczematous reactions usually occur due to being much more susceptible to these allergens than people without eczema.
If your baby is suffering from this problem, he will most likely have allergic reactions to foodstuff and environmental allergens without any underlying medical conditions. It can easily be treated if diagnosed in its early stages. However, the condition continues into adulthood with a possibility of being transmitted to children through genes.
What causes eczema?
Eczema can be caused due to a variety of factors. Some of these include:
Allergies to food, pollen, or animal dander Grains, eggs, and fish can be among the foods that may cause an allergic reaction in children with eczema. This is because they contain components that can trigger hypersensitive reactions from your child’s immune system. If your child has been diagnosed with this problem before he started eating solid foods, then it’s likely that his symptoms are triggered by something else such as dust mites, pet fur, etc.
* Irritants that trigger eczema
Cleaning agents, soaps, detergents, etc., can cause skin reactions for children suffering from eczema. Most cases of this problem are triggered by something in the immediate environment, such as dust mites or a pet’s dander.
* Hormonal changes
Hormonal changes during pregnancy or puberty Although hormonal changes may not seem to have a huge impact on your child’s condition; some evidence suggests that higher levels of female hormones may be responsible for the development of eczema.
* Allergic reactions to medications
Most children with eczema have a temporary worsening of symptoms when they take a course of antibiotics. This is because the drugs can trigger allergic reactions.
These are some of the probable causes of eczema in babies and adults. However, this problem doesn’t occur at all times with every individual who has been diagnosed with it. In most cases, doctors do not know what causes eczema, but they develop specific treatments that can help you deal with your condition better.
Symptoms of eczema:
- Symptoms vary from person to person depending upon the intensity of the disease
- Severe itching is a common symptom causing intense irritation to most sufferers
- Skin may become scaly and red
- Flakes or dry patches on the surface of the skin may also be visible
Eczema is not contagious but needs proper care and medication for treating symptoms such as itching, inflammation, and swelling.
How does homeopathy help treat skin disease?
Homeopathy is an alternative treatment for several skin diseases like eczema and many other ailments as well. It’s not only cost-effective and safer than other medical therapies (which cause no side effects at all) but also helps you avoid the discomfort of using steroid-based creams.
Homeopathic remedies are known to improve your immunity and health further by strengthening your body’s defense mechanism against any allergic reactions. Scientists have proved that homeopathy is an effective treatment for eczema.
The best part of homeopathy is that you can easily buy and use these medications independently without the advice of a doctor. However, it’s still advisable to consult a trained homeopath who will understand your health problems and prescribe low-dosage medicines that do not cause any side effects.
Top Five Homeopathic Remedies for Eczema:
1) Rhus Tox (Poison Oak): If your child exhibits symptoms such as redness around the eyes, forehead, and cheeks; scaly skin with intense itching; nasal congestion; throat irritation; etc., then treat him with Rhus Tox. You may also need to use this remedy if eczema flares upon his face and experiences pain and swelling in the affected area.
2) Psorinum: If your child’s skin is red with intense itching and flaking, then he may be suffering from this problem. Psorinum can help you treat dry, scaly patches on the skin’s surface that are usually visible on his neck, elbow creases, knees, etc.
3) Sulphur: It’s an ideal remedy for intense itching that leads to inflammation and swelling of eczema-affected areas. Similar conditions include cracked or bleeding skin accompanied with feverishness, burning sensation in affected regions along with violent thirst, etc. This medicine also works well when your child has developed this condition due to cold weather/water during winters.
4) Natrum Muriaticum: With symptoms such as itchy and inflamed skin, your child may also suffer from other physical problems such as throat irritation, earache, headache, etc. This medicine can help you treat eczema along with these symptoms effectively.
5) Arsenicum Album: This is an excellent remedy for treating various symptoms of eczema such as redness, intense itching, swelling with severe burning sensation, etc. This medicine can also be used to treat dry and cracked skin along with rashes and blisters on the surface of your child’s skin.
Homeopathic remedies like Rhus Tox, Psorinum, Sulphur, Natrum Muriaticum, and Arsenicum Album are considered to be reliable homeopathic medications for eczema that can help you achieve relief from this uncomfortable condition rapidly.
You need to follow some important instructions such as:
- Consult a doctor before using any homeopathy treatment so he can provide you with detailed information about the pros and cons associated with these medications.
- Seek the advice of a homeopath after discussing all your health problems and symptoms with your family doctor to find out which medication is best for treating your condition at home. Some medicines can cause side effects if taken without proper guidance, so you need to ensure safety before using any treatment.
- Visit an experienced professional who will offer you several remedies (that are safe and effective) by asking about your lifestyle habits, diet, exercise habits, etc., to identify the main trigger behind this skin disorder.
- Get prepared for curing eczema completely by taking into account other serious ailments that may severely affect your overall health condition. You should also follow a healthy diet regimen and a regular exercise plan to achieve long-lasting relief from this condition.
- Stop using all cosmetic products such as soaps, creams, etc., and use some chemical-free home remedies such as apple cider vinegar or baking soda to treat the problem before it becomes more severe than you can imagine. Making a few changes in your lifestyle will help you lead a healthy life without any discomfort caused by eczema.
Some Tips for Managing Eczema Naturally
- Begin your day by washing your hands first with soap and water, especially after you’ve touched pets or other animals, to reduce the risk of developing skin irritation.
- Avoid taking a bath with very hot or cold water as it can cause extreme dryness that can lead to cracking of skin over time. Use lukewarm water instead, which is considered the ideal temperature for promoting blood circulation in your body without adversely affecting the skin’s surface.
- Keep yourself away from solid sunlight because heat waves coming from this source can cause dehydration of skin tissues too quickly, resulting in eczema flare-ups along with swelling, itching, etc., on the affected area.
- Do not scratch your child’s skin after developing rashes or blisters on the surface because it can aggravate the problem further and cause long-term complications associated with this skin disorder.
- Apply natural oil such as olive or coconut oil before going to bed at night to moisturize your child’s dry skin well, especially in winter when humidity levels tend to drop significantly, resulting in severe dryness that can trigger eczema flare-ups easily.
- Follow a healthy diet plan if you want your child to prevent developing this skin condition along with other infectious ailments in the future too. Include fresh vegetables and fruits (especially citrus items) in his daily meal so he can get plenty of Vitamin C required for boosting immune function significantly without compromising overall health conditions.
- Apply aloe vera gel over the affected skin area before going to bed at night to get rid of eczema without any side effects. You can also use other herbal remedies such as green tea bags, cucumber juice, etc., on the affected region to reduce inflammation and redness overnight.
- Increase intake of Omega 3 fatty acids found in cold-water fish by your child regularly so he can get relief from eczema naturally. This healthy fat acts as an internal moisturizer that significantly reduces itchiness by hydrating the skin’s internal tissues well without triggering any side effect on the overall health condition severely.
- Eat some green leafy vegetables regularly by your family members because they contain various healthy minerals and vitamins that can restore your skin’s natural shine by repairing damaged cells caused due to eczema.
- Take cold baths in the summer seasons regularly for 20 minutes twice a day to improve blood flow circulation in your body, which will help you stay away from this problem for a long time without any adverse effect on your overall health condition. Avoid taking very hot or cold showers because they can trigger extreme dryness of the skin surface, resulting in a burning sensation leading to further complications over time.
- Use some homemade remedies such as cabbage juice with soup along with tomato water so your child can get relief from eczema symptoms quickly without compromising his general health condition too much, especially when he is going through the early stage of this disease.
- Apply tomato paste mixed with some curd on your child’s skin area for getting relief from symptoms of eczema such as itching and inflammation over time without any side effect on his general health condition too severely. You can also use other herbal remedies such as aloe vera gel, olive oil, etc., to get quick results without significantly causing adverse symptoms in the body.
- Use some anti-inflammatory herbs such as rosemary or chamomile tea before going to bed at night to improve the quality of life naturally without any adverse symptoms caused by eczema on your overall health condition severely. These healthy plants contain antioxidant properties that reduce redness and swelling caused by scratching very quickly, especially when you are in the early stage of this skin disorder.
- Wear protective clothing, gloves, etc., while out in the sun because it can trigger eczema on your skin when exposed to direct sunlight for a long time without any prior knowledge.
- Take a low-salt diet by your family members during the initial stage of this skin disorder to control swelling and redness on different parts of your body caused due to frequent sweating.
- Take multivitamins containing many healthy vitamins such as Vitamin A, D3, E, C, etc., so you can get relief from eczema symptoms without causing adverse side effects in the general health condition severely.
- Keep your room clean at all times because dirty surroundings encourage viruses and bacteria to spread automatically, leading to further complications. Keep your hands clean all time so you can prevent eczema attacks too without compromising the overall health condition severely.
- Avoid using fabric softeners in your laundry to get rid of this skin disorder naturally because they contain chemicals that reduce the moisture content in the air when washed repeatedly, which ultimately results in outbreaks of eczema when skin is dry dried out completely significantly.
Stick to your medicine routine given by your physician so you can get relief from eczema on the entire body without causing any extreme side effects in the overall health condition severely.
Homeopathy doctors treat the root cause of this skin condition by stimulating the body’s own healing powers to recover from eczema without causing any harmful effect on your general health condition. However, it is essential to understand the primary causes of this skin disorder before going for treatments or homeopathy medicines because if you do not know what triggers this skin disorder, you will never be able to get rid of eczema naturally without compromising your general health condition severely. To avoid these severe side effects, you must visit a homeopathy doctor book an appointment through OHO Homeopathy now!