Share This Article
Pimples affect almost every person at some point in their lives. Whether you’re a grownup or still a teenager, pimples can make you feel embarrassed and conscious at times. Once you get acne, it’s likely to come back again, but knowing its root cause may help prevent future breakouts. Dermatologists in Mumbai say that many factors can cause pimples. There are lots of products available on the market to treat the problem of pimples. If the cause of pimples is a bacterial infection, a dermatologist in Mumbai will prescribe acne treatment according to the reason. Here is some leading cause of acne or pimples as per the dermatologists in Mumbai.
What is the leading cause of pimples or acne?
Pimples are generally caused due to problems with your oil glands. These oil glands are connected to hair follicles beneath the skin of your face, neck, back, etc. The function of these glands is to secrete oil which keeps your skin moisturized. However, over-activity or under-activity of these glands leads to problems like acne breakout, which eventually leads to the formation of swellings or bumps on your skin. Here are some factors as per dermatologists in Mumbai that trigger acne formation:
1. Hormonal changes: Acne is often caused by hormonal changes, such as during puberty, pregnancy, and menopause. These changes can lead to an increase in sebum production, which clogs pores and leads to the formation of acne lesions. This is because the levels of hormones like androgen and estrogen fluctuate during these times, leading to the over-activity of the oil glands. These changes can lead to an increase in sebum production, which clogs pores and leads to the formation of acne lesions.
2. Genetics: Some people may be more prone to acne because of genetics. If one or both of your parents had acne, you’re more likely to develop the condition too. This is because acne is essentially a genetic problem.
3. Diet: Foods’s high in sugar or saturated fats can trigger acne breakout. So, if you’re experiencing pimples, it’s a good idea to cut down on junk food and eat more fruits and vegetables instead.
4. Stress: When you’re stressed out, your body releases hormones like cortisol, leading to acne breakouts. So, keeping stress at bay is also an effective way of preventing pimples.
5. Drugs: Medications like steroids or narcotics can cause problems like inflammation or infection, resulting in acne breakouts.
6. Bacteria: Pimples are also caused by bacteria. When dead skin cells and sebum combine, they provide a perfect environment for bacteria to grow. This leads to the formation of pus-filled lesions known as pimples.
7. Cosmetics: Certain cosmetics and skincare products can also contribute to the development of pimples. If you’re using comedogenic products (i.e., they tend to clog pores), this may lead to an outbreak of acne.
8. Weather: Weather changes can also cause pimples. Hot, sunny weather can make your skin sweat more, which may lead to the development of acne. So, it’s a good idea to avoid being out in the sun for too long.
9. Pollution: Pollution is another factor that can aggravate acne breakouts. Pollutants contain harmful chemicals that can clog pores and trigger an acne outbreak.
10. Hormone therapy: If you’re undergoing hormone therapy for conditions like cancer or menopause, this can also lead to the development of pimples.
You must realize what causes pimples because this will help you prevent future outbreaks. For example, if your acne is triggered by the consumption of junk food, cutting down on fatty foods will help reduce further problems with your skin. You could also ask your dermatologist for advice on how to get rid of pimples fast once they appear on your skin because they might suggest some over-the-counter medicines or prescribe antibiotics depending upon the severity of acne.
What types of acne need the attention of a skin doctor or dermatologist in Mumbai?
1. Nodules: When the plugged hair follicles become more significant than they should, they are called nodules. This is more common in men than in women because of their larger pores and glands. The main reason for the formation of these boils is due to age-related changes in the body.
2. Cysts: When your immune system fails to fight against the bacteria on your skin, these boils tend to grow bigger while becoming inflamed or infected. This leads to fluid accumulation beneath your skin which results in cysts. They can be painful and leave scars when not treated well on time.
3. Hormonal acne: If your skin breakouts are caused by hormonal changes like puberty, pregnancy, or menopause, you need dermatological intervention. This is because these are difficult to control with self-care steps.
4. Acne conglobata: If your skin breakouts lead to the formation of many nodules or cysts, then this needs attention from a dermatologist in Mumbai straightaway. It may also require you to be on medicines for months together, depending upon the severity of acne.
5. Gram-negative folliculitis: People who suffer from Gram-negative folliculitis tend to get pustules that are full of pus and can be contagious at times when they burst open. It does not respond well to common acne treatments like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid; hence, it has to be treated by doctors in Mumbai.
6. Acne keloidalis nuchae: This type of acne is seen more in people with dark skin tones and appears as raised lesions on the back of your neck. It may require surgery for complete clearance.
7. Drug-induced acne: If you are taking any medication that leads to the development of acne, then you need to see a skin specialist right away. The reason is, these types of breakouts can be difficult to treat with over-the-counter medications.
8. Acne fulminans: This is a rare type of acne that occurs due to the excessive production of testosterone. It causes large, inflamed lesions all over your body and requires immediate treatment from a dermatologist in Mumbai.
How to prevent pimples?
As per the skin doctors or dermatologists in Mumbai, there is one way to prevent acne. However, it can be prevented by:
1. Proper hygiene: One of the best ways to prevent pimples from appearing on your skin is to maintain proper hygiene at all times. This means regularly washing your face, applying an effective sunscreen when outdoors, and changing out of sweaty clothes as soon as you can after exercising or playing sports.
2. Eat foods rich in antioxidants: Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables can help keep acne away because they contain vitamins A and C, which provide anti-inflammatory benefits for the skin.
3. Use products with natural ingredients: If you’re looking for skincare products that can help prevent acne, try to find those that contain natural ingredients like tea tree oil, witch hazel, or salicylic acid.
4. Avoid touching your face: One of the most common ways to spread bacteria and cause pimples is by brushing your face often. So, make a conscious effort to keep your hands off your face as much as possible.
5. Quit smoking: Smoking can not only aggravate acne breakouts, but it can also lead to other skin problems like wrinkles and age spots. So, if you want clear skin, it’s time to quit smoking for good.
6. Reduce stress levels: Stress can trigger acne breakouts, so finding ways to relax and de-stress is essential for keeping your skin healthy and blemish-free.
7. Exercise: Exercising is another effective way of keeping acne at bay because it boosts metabolism and helps purge toxins from your body, leading to a clearer and healthier complexion.
8. Don’t pop or squeeze pimples: Popping or squeezing pimples can help speed up the healing process, but it will also increase scarring and damage tissues in affected areas. So, please resist the urge to touch your face as much as possible and let pimples run their course naturally instead of popping them like there’s no tomorrow!
9. Use oil-free cosmetics: Cosmetics labeled “oil-free” will not aggravate the problem of acne. They can help in preventing its formation.
10. Keep your hair clean: If you have oily hair, make sure to wash it regularly and keep it away from your face.
11. Drink plenty of water: Water helps flush out toxins and chemicals from your body, so drinking plenty of it will help you get rid of pimples.
12. Sun protection: If possible, try to limit your sun exposure because sunscreen can prevent skin damage and reduce pimple formation over time.
13. See a dermatologist: If you get frequent acne breakouts, see a dermatologist in Mumbai. A skin doctor who treats various skin problems, such as acne and other types of skin ailments, can help you keep your skin acne-free.
Pimples are an uncomfortable and embarrassing problem that many of us face today. There is nothing more frustrating than having bumps on your skin and not knowing how to get rid of them fast! However, if you know what causes pimples and take preventive steps accordingly, you will likely be able to avoid such problems altogether or at least considerably reduce their occurrence rate.
How do skin doctors or dermatologists in Mumbai treat pimples?
If you’re experiencing problems with pimples, it’s essential to see a dermatologist in Mumbai who will properly diagnose the issue and recommend an appropriate treatment plan. Depending on the severity of your acne, a skin doctor in Mumbai may prescribe medications like:
1. Antibiotics: This is a class of medications that effectively treat bacterial infections. They can help stop bacteria in their tracks, preventing pimples from forming on the skin.
2. Birth control pills: Used for both contraception and acne treatment, birth control pills can help get rid of pimples by regulating hormones and controlling sebum production.
3. Corticosteroids: This type of medication works by suppressing inflammation, which helps reduce the redness caused by acne breakouts.
4. Benzoyl peroxide: A common ingredient in topical antibiotic medications, benzoyl peroxide works effectively in killing off the P. acnes bacterium that leads to skin irritation and acne breakouts.
5. Retinoids: This type of medication is a derivative of vitamin A and works by controlling how skin cells develop and reproduce. Although not as effective as antibiotics, it can reduce inflammation, redness, and swelling associated with acne breakouts.
6. Isotretinoin: This potent drug works exceptionally well in treating severe cases of acne that don’t seem to go away even after using other medications like benzoyl peroxide. It’s important to note that isotretinoin may cause serious side effects like dry eyes and lips, muscle or joint pain, nosebleeds, headaches, increased cholesterol levels, and liver damage. Usually given as a last resort treatment for stubborn pimples (cystic acne), this medication should be taken at the lowest possible dose and under the strict supervision of a dermatologist or skin doctor in Mumbai.
6. Chemical Peels: A chemical peel is a treatment that uses an acidic solution to exfoliate the skin. This helps remove the top layer of skin that harbours acne-causing bacteria.
7. Dermabrasion: This is a procedure in which the skin’s surface is scraped off using a rotating brush or diamond fraise. It’s often used to treat severe cases of acne scarring.
8. Laser therapy: This treatment uses high-intensity light beams to kill off acne-causing bacteria and improve healing time for pimples.
Preventing pimples from forming is always better than trying to get rid of them after they’ve already formed on your skin! You can also consider visiting a homeopathy doctor in Mumbai for acne treatment. Homeopathic treatment for acne aims to bring balance back to the body by treating the underlying cause of the problem and not just symptoms. This can help eliminate pimples more effectively than conventional treatments like antibiotics, which only work on symptoms and are not at the root cause of acne breakouts. A homeopathic doctor in Mumbai will recommend an acne treatment specifically designed for your skin type and particular symptoms.
Homeopathic acne treatment:
A homeopathy doctor in Mumbai will first need to thoroughly evaluate your skin, including taking a complete medical history. They will ask you questions about your diet, lifestyle habits, family history of acne breakouts, feelings of stress and anxiety, etc.
Once the initial consultation is completed, your homeopathic doctor in Mumbai will design an individualized treatment plan for acne that includes remedies made from natural substances that effectively treat one’s unique symptoms. These remedies can be used independently or combined with other medications/treatments to strengthen their effectiveness.
Contact a homeopathy doctor today to learn more about how you can get rid of pimples naturally through homeopathic acne treatment. You can book an appointment through OHO Homeopathy now!