Share This Article
“When I went to allopathy doctors, they said there is no treatment for vitiligo,” said 32-year-old Deepika. “Homeopathy doctors have helped me get my skin back.” Deepika is among the increasing number of patients flocking homeopathic clinics across the city to treat their vitiligo. For instance, the homeopathy clinic has noticed that over the last year, more than 30% of its cases being referred by allopathy hospitals are related to the pigmentary disorder called vitiligo, where white patches develop on the skin due to lack of melanin. Homeopathy is the mode of treatment that uses a plant extract diluted to a certain extent and given orally or applied topically, which is believed to eradicate the ailment. “Its effects are not just temporary but can cure the disease completely. It has no side effects, which cannot be said about conventional medications.
An overview about vitiligo:
“Vitiligo is an autoimmune disease. The immune system mistakes normal skin pigment cells as foreign, harmful substances and attacks them. The body’s immune system destroys the melanocytes (cells that produce pigment in the skin). As a result, white patches appear on different body parts, causing a lack of colour. Vitiligo mainly affects people with darker complexions or those who are prone to sun exposure. However, it can also affect other people, particularly their eyes, mouth, hands, feet, and genitals.
The cause of vitiligo:
Autoimmune disorder: Vitiligo is an autoimmune disorder. The disease occurs when the immune system mistakes normal skin pigment cells as foreign and harmful substances and attacks them.
Genetics:Â Vitiligo has a hereditary factor involved in it, which can run in families. People with ancestors who had vitiligo may be more likely to develop the condition than those without such family history. However, it must be reported that not everyone from a family with a history of vitiligo will get this disease. In most cases of vitiligo, multiple members from a single-family are affected, suggesting heredity plays a significant role in acquiring the condition.
Sun exposure:Â In some people, sun exposure causes patches of skin with less pigmentation (hyperpigmentation) or no pigmentation (an absence of melanin) to appear on the face, neck, hands, arms, feet, or legs. Vitiligo develops in areas that are more exposed to the sun.
Stress:Â Vitiligo is not considered a psychological disorder. However, there are many cases where stress or emotional trauma can aggravate the condition. Therefore, it is essential to stay calm and happy.
Symptoms of Vitiligo:Â
The symptoms of vitiligo can be different for everyone. They include:
– Skin colour changes on different parts of the body
– Completely white Patches of skin; no colour is present
– Completely brown Patches of skin; no colour is present
– White spots inside the mouth, nose, or eyes
Types of Vitiligo:Â
Vitiligo varies in severity and location. Some people have one or two small white patches on their bodies, while others may have a widespread loss of colouring on most parts of their bodies. It is generally classified as:
- Nonsegmental vitiligo
- Segmental vitiligo
Non segmental vitiligo:Â Most cases of vitiligo are considered to be nonsegmental. In this type of vitiligo, cells that produce pigment (melanocytes) are destroyed throughout the body. As a result, white patches appear on different parts of the body and can affect some or all areas of skin, including underarm and groin folds, mucous membranes inside the mouth and nose, and the retina.
Segmental vitiligo:Â In some people, pigment cells are primarily lost from one body area, such as on one side of the face or hand. Vitiligo is also classified by where it forms on the body. It may affect areas rich in sweat glands, such as armpits and groin folds, or other sites that produce many skins oil (sebaceous gland-rich regions), such as eyelids and genitals. Unfortunately, because these areas have many pigment cells, they lose entirely colouring when vitiligo develops.
Treatment options for vitiligo:
There are several options for people with the condition to consider. These include:
- Skin camouflage
- Phototherapy (light therapy)
- Medical tattooing
- Skin camouflage:Â This method involves using a special cream or body makeup to mask the white patches of skin caused by vitiligo. People use it when they want to look normal in social situations. It is also useful when vitiligo starts on the face, neck, hands, feet, groin folds, or genitals, where it can be challenging to cover up completely with clothing. There are many types of products used for this purpose in the market today, including human-powered tattoos.
- Phototherapy (light therapy):Â This treatment is effective if the condition has just started or for vitiligo that does not spread quickly. UV light slows the loss of pigment cells in affected areas of the skin. It also helps darken any remaining color in people with lighter skin types. A doctor, nurse, or other health care practitioner usually administers phototherapy treatments at a clinic or office. The treatments are done 2 to 3 times per week for several months until the patches of skin return to their standard color.
- Medical tattooing:In this process, a medical professional uses a manual tool called a pen, which emits small amounts of ink to fill in white patches on the skin caused by vitiligo. They blend better with the surrounding area.
- Surgery:Â In a minimal number of cases, the white patches caused by vitiligo may be surgically removed. It is considered in people whose overall health is good and who have only a few patches of skin that need treatment. Unfortunately, this process cannot restore any pigment to the treated areas because pigmentation cells have been destroyed. The appearance of these areas will look different from normal skin.
As there are so many treatments available for vitiligo, many other options are effective for this condition. Laser therapy which uses high-intensity ultraviolet light can help restore pigment in the skin by stimulating melanin production. It may take several treatments, and results vary from person to person. Another treatment option is depigmentation, which involves scraping off any remaining pigment cells in the area with a needle or blade (dermabrasion). The skin then needs time to recover before it regains its standard colour.People who live with vitiligo often wonder whether they will find an effective treatment for their condition. Experience has shown that homeopathic treatment for vitiligo is one of the best treatment options available today. Homeopathy is based on the principle of like cures, meaning that a substance that causes symptoms in a healthy person will cure similar symptoms when given to a sick person.
Why choose homeopathic treatment for vitiligo?
The use of homeopathic treatment for vitiligo is well documented in both traditional and clinical literature. It may take some time to achieve the desired result since this therapy works on a deep level. The remedies are safe, without side effects, and effective against other autoimmune diseases like diabetes, arthritis, etc.
Addressing underlying causes:Â Vitiligo is an autoimmune disorder that can be caused by lifestyle factors (including stress), illness (such as thyroid disease), medications (such as beta-blockers), poor digestion (which leads to yeast infection or leaky gut syndrome), or environmental toxins (the most common being mercury) which need to be addressed first before starting with homeopathic treatment for vitiligo. This way, the patient gets cured of chronic conditions to lead a healthy life.
Since the treatment is based on natural remedies, there are no side effects or interactions with medications already being taken by patients, which also makes this therapy very safe to be administered for any age group.
Enhances self-healing: This approach to medicine takes advantage of the body’s healing abilities and focuses not just on treating disease but also on supporting wellness to prevent illness in the future. Since homeopathic treatment for vitiligo strengthens the immune system, it also helps in preventing other autoimmune diseases like diabetes, arthritis, etc., in the future.
Homeopathy treats an individual as a whole: Taking in all aspects to correct equilibrium in feeling and thinking, body structure (physical type), habits, environment (which includes relationships), and genetic inheritance of patient.
No side effects: Since homeopathic remedies are made out of natural ingredients which the body already recognizes, there are no side effects. Homeopathy has been used successfully for more than 200 years and is one of the safest forms of medicine available today.
Positive expectations: The chances of getting positive results increase when patients have a stronger desire to heal themselves and follow their practitioner’s advice completely.
The recurrence rate is less: Since the treatment is natural, there are no recurrences of vitiligo after concluding. Usually, patients have to take maintenance doses for some time, which helps prevent the re-emergence of this condition.
Homeopathic treatment for vitiligo has successfully restored skin color by replacing damaged skin cells with healthy ones. The best benefit of homeopathy is that it works on deep levels and cures not just on the surface but also internally, resulting in better health overall! Homeopathy has helped many people who live with vitiligo attain physical and emotional wellness by offering safe, practical alternative approaches that address the underlying causes instead of just treating symptoms.
What areas can homeopathic treatment for vitiligo cover?
Vitiligo is a disease that spreads slowly over time once it develops, so it’s possible to have vitiligo at any age. Sometimes it may be hard to diagnose in infants because the pigment loss only shows up after six months of age. It generally starts on exposed areas like hands and feet but can appear anywhere on the skin, including the face, neck, scalp, eyes, etc. According to an estimate, about 40% of people diagnosed with vitiligo develop other autoimmune diseases later in life. Homeopathy is effective for treating these conditions since their root cause lies in the same disrupted equilibrium inside the body.
Symptoms that indicate the success of treatment with homeopathy
- Gradual recovery of original skin color in previously depigmented areas.
- Gradual color change begins from the periphery and spreads toward the center.
- Increase in pigmentation over time, even in areas that didn’t respond at first.
- The disease remains stable without any further progression.
When patients show improvement, they typically notice that the skin is becoming thicker, and the skin color is beginning to change. Sometimes people may not even notice any color changes but can be diagnosed by a dermatologist who will see pigment production at the site of lesions. This is considered one of the most significant signs of healing inside the body. Some other indications are reduced spread or repigmentation, especially on sun-exposed areas where vitiligo appears more frequently.
Homeopathy treats vitiligo completely:
- Homeopathy is a complete medical system that treats the disorder at its source instead of just treating symptoms. Vitiligo will not appear if there is no predisposition for this condition in an individual. Homeopathic remedies eradicate the root cause and strengthen the entire body to fight against any diseases effectively in the future, eliminating the possibility of recurrence.
- Vitiligo is no longer an embarrassing condition when homeopathy offers safe and effective solutions that give patients their lives back! We offer customized treatments that include: A thorough understanding and analysis of the patient’s case, detailed follow-up and monitoring, personalized treatment plan based on comprehensive case evaluation, detailed discussion during visits about lifestyle changes, proper skincare regimen including diet, and supplementation suggestions, exercise recommendations, and more.
- Homeopathy offers safe, natural treatments for vitiligo. There are no side effects or complications of homeopathic treatment for vitiligo since it works on deep levels to restore the body’s inner balance instead of suppressing symptoms as many traditional medications do. People who resort to the surgery often face scarring that is physically distressing and emotionally upsetting. Patients must plan their activities around avoiding direct sunlight, which can sometimes be challenging. At the same time, some other treatments involve extensive use of cosmetics that may irritate, especially in sensitive areas like the eyes and nose.
Those who opt for homeopathic remedies can avoid all these side effects while still having access to effective therapies with high success rates! Here are reasons why vitiligo patients are flocking to homeopathic skin doctors. You can book an appointment through OHO Homeopathy with a registered homeopathic skin doctor to get rid of vitiligo!