Share This Article
Acne is a prevalent condition that affects the skin and is characterized by pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, etc. The state can vary from mild to moderate or severe depending upon how much it has affected the body. Acne occurs in both sexes and all races but is most common in adolescence because a surge of hormones makes the sebaceous glands secrete more oil than required, which may clog the pores. Acne mainly affects the face, neck, shoulders, and back. If not treated on time, it can leave permanent scars or dark marks. As there are many acne treatments, one is required to know which treatment suits the condition best.
Here are the options for Conventional acne treatment:
- Topical Antibiotics for mild to moderate acne: Topical antibiotics and benzoyl peroxide (a topical acne treatment) are used to treat mild to moderate acne. The antibiotic works by killing the bacteria that causes acne, and the benzoyl peroxide reduces oil production in pores, unclogs pores, and kills bacteria on the skin surface.
- Oral Antibiotics for moderate to severe acne: In moderate to severe cases of acne, oral antibiotics may be prescribed along with topical treatments like benzoyl peroxide and topicals like retinoids. These antibiotics reduce the number of bacteria causing acne and also help in unclogging the pores.
- Isotretinoin for severe acne: Isotretinoin is a systemic medication used in cases of severe acne where the person has comedones, nodules, and cysts. This medicine should be taken under strict medical supervision because it can have many side effects like headaches, bowel problems, hearing loss, depression, etc.
- Chemical Peeling: Chemical peeling is also used to treat severe acne because it can reduce the appearance of acne scars and blemishes. It is done by applying a chemical solution to the skin to help it peel off.
- Surgical treatments: In severe cases, acne surgery should be seriously considered due to severe scarring or large inflammatory lesions that cannot be treated by other means. Procedures like laser treatment and dermabrasion can help in reducing the scars and marks caused by acne.
What are the benefits of conventional acne treatment?
- Topical and oral antibiotics can help in reducing the number of bacteria that cause acne. Ointments used topically like retinoids remove dead skin cells and help in preventing clogged pores.
- Isotretinoin helps to reduce the oil secretion and helps in unclogging pores that often get clogged due to excessive oil secretion.
- Chemical peeling may be done to improve the appearance of acne scars and blemishes by removing layers of skin.
- Surgical procedures can reduce scars and marks caused by severe acne that other means cannot treat, such as chemical peels, lasers, etc.
- Conventional treatments have been proved to be very effective and can treat mild to severe cases of acne.
- These treatments are safe and do not cause any severe side effects like some alternative medicines can do.
- They help treat acne permanently and reduce the chances of the person getting acne again in the future.
- Treatments provide quick relief from acne symptoms such as swelling, pain, etc. ng. These medicines and their reversibility nature, i.e., whether they are readily reversible, are also essential.
What are the side effects of conventional acne treatment?
- All the treatments carry some side effects to a certain extent and mostly depend upon the type of treatment used, individual’s health conditions, etc.
- Topical antibiotics can result in rashes and allergic reactions. Oral antibiotics may result in diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain, etc.
- Isotretinoin has been known to cause many side effects like high blood sugar levels, depression, hearing loss, etc.
- Chemical peeling may cause swelling, redness, irritation, and crusting on the skin. Surgical procedures can result in bleeding or bruising after surgery because they involve cutting open the skin.
- The scars left by surgeries may take many months to fade away completely. They also carry a risk of infection and complications like scarring that depend upon how severe your acne is before you opt for any surgical procedure for treating your acne.
- They can cause dullness in skin pigmentation, which may persist for more extended periods if proper care is not taken after treatment ends.
- Topical antibiotics can irritate sensitive skin that may lead to dermatitis or redness of the skin.
- All medications have their own set of contraindications and should be avoided if one has allergies from similar medicines, is pregnant or breastfeeding, etc.
- Oral medications may make the person feel depressed or tired due to their action on the central nervous system.
Compared to conventional treatment for acne, Homeopathy is a complete system of medicine that deals with natural therapies without causing any side effects. It works on treating the whole person rather than just targeting a particular symptom alone because it considers the medical history, mental and physical characteristics, likes and dislikes, etc.
How does homeopathy treatment work for acne?
- Homeopathy treats acne by stimulating the body’s natural mechanisms to cure it. It enhances the body’s immunity, improves digestion, and helps maintain overall health so that no other symptoms are left untreated, leading to harmful effects on skin that has been weakened by severe acne.
- People who have sensitive skin may develop side effects if their condition is not well managed, resulting in permanent scarring or darkening of skin pigmentation.
- Acne can be cured permanently with homeopathy because, unlike conventional medicines, they do not cause any side effects but only enhance their health conditions.
What can be drawbacks of using the homeopathic treatment for acne:
- Using homeopathy to treat acne may take longer than conventional treatments because it cannot show immediate results as the other treatments do.
- The healing process is slow and can be tedious at times compared with other medicines that offer quick relief from symptoms.
- The Homeopathic treatment needs to be taken for several months to show any significant improvement.
Homeopathy treats Acne in more than 90% of patients who practice homeopathy as alternative medicine.
What are the ten benefits of using the homeopathic treatment for acne:
Reduced side effects: Many people prefer a homeopathic remedy for acne because it does not cause any side effects like conventional medicines. It involves just giving natural medications with no added chemicals, preservatives, or toxins that may harm the person’s health in curing their acne.
All types of skin can be treated: It treats all kinds of skin and helps to clear up acne without causing any problems associated with allergies and irritation on the skin.
Natural ingredients: The ingredients used in homeopathy are naturally found. They ensure quick healing, which takes advantage of the body’s mechanisms to eliminate the current problem while strengthening other aspects to prevent future outbreaks.
Permanent cure: Homeopathy cures acne permanently, unlike antibiotic treatments that wear off after some time and force you to get back for more treatments.
Gives natural glow: Proper digestion leads to healthy skin because toxins are removed with their discharge through sweat, sebaceous secretions, etc. Homeopathy works at restoring the normal balance secretion, excretion, and retention to enhance skin condition further.
Fast results: The homeopathic treatment for acne offers immediate relief from the problem. The medications are specially made to suit your body requirements upon detailed study of your health conditions. They work at causing changes in the body system that helps you get rid of current problem while preventing future outbreaks.
Treatment without scars: Acne scars are usually left behind when it heals naturally or after using other remedies over some time, but homeopathic medicine enhances cell building process to replace scar tissues with healthy cells so that no scars are left behind after you get rid of acne.
Safe for everyone: If a person has a sensitive or allergic constitution, they may not use conventional medicines because they contain harmful chemicals, but homeopathic treatments do not cause any problems even if one has those types of conditions. They can be used safely by people from all age groups without causing any adverse effects on their health.
Readily available: It is easier to find homeopathic remedies than other medicines because they are made up of natural ingredients found in nature. They do not require any special lab to prepare them.
One step cure: People who suffer from several health problems like asthma, constipation, etc. along with acne usually get confused over choosing the proper treatment, but homeopathy offers a one-stop solution for all these problems at once that helps you save time and money spent elsewhere on purchasing different types of medications for individual conditions.
There is no need to practice self-control: Acne patients must follow specific rules like avoiding oily food, using oil-free cosmetics, etc. But there is no such restriction for homeopathic treatments, so people can lead their everyday lives without following any particular diet or a complicated set of rules.
Individualized treatment: Conventional medicines for acne are available in general types that anyone can use without knowing whether it suits their body or not, but homeopathy offers an individualized treatment so people can benefit from it even more than they expect.
Who should not use homeopathic treatment for acne:
It is advisable to refrain from using homeopathic medicine if you have already tried any of them in the past without getting satisfactory results.
It would help if you only went for homeopathic treatment when all other conventional treatments fail to produce desirable results. Otherwise, your health may get even worse because homeopathy involves interfering with your body’s healing process deeply.
How homeopathic acne treatment is better over conventional treatment:
- Conventional medicines for acne only offer relief from the symptoms and not a permanent cure because they contain various chemicals that disturb normal body functions to produce desired results after applying external patches or massaging. However, homeopathic medications cause changes within your body at the cellular level, nourish them properly, and keep them free from infections caused by harmful bacteria. They do not simply mask the problems but also help you maintain healthy tissues throughout, promote their growth, and prevent future outbreaks once you get rid of the current issue with regular medication.
- Homeopathic treatment for acne does not produce any side effects because it is made up of natural ingredients tested by experts on various parameters before using them in medicine, so there is nothing to worry about.
- Conventional treatments can be costly, especially when a person suffers from severe types of acne. Still, homeopathy is not so expensive, and people from all walks of life can afford it without worrying about additional expenses.
- It would help if you only went for homeopathic treatment when all other conventional treatments fail to produce desirable results. Otherwise, your health may get even worse because homeopathy involves interfering with your body’s healing process deeply.
- Conventional medicines for acne only offer relief from the symptoms and not a permanent cure because they contain various chemicals that disturb normal body functions to produce desired results after applying external patches or massaging.
- Homeopathic medications cause changes within your body at the cellular level, nourish them properly, and keep them free from infections caused by harmful bacteria. They do not simply mask the problems but also help you maintain healthy tissues throughout, promote their growth further, and prevent future outbreaks once you.
- So, suppose you have been looking for an effective remedy that provides long-term relief from health conditions without producing any adverse effects on your body. In that case, homeopathic acne treatment can help you solve this problem once and for all with guaranteed results.
- Homeopathic acne treatment is practical and safe for most users because its herbal composition does not produce any adverse effects on the human body unless otherwise suggested by a qualified medical practitioner after clinically assessing the patient’s health condition.
Homeopathic treatment is gaining popularity because it ensures long-term relief due to its herbal composition and does not involve the application of any foreign particles on the skin like conventional treatments do. So, now you know what acne treatment you can choose. You can book an appointment through OHO Homeopathy now!